Thread: E Explorer

jonathan_tijuana's Avatar ...
    im having a problem everytime my homepage change to a search page and now a search bar appeared on the window frlllliblch that the name. is that virus? do i have to re install e explorer?

thanks

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    You have been infected by adware/spyware. You need Spybot Search and Destroy
    Download the software it will find and fix it for you. Get Adaware as well.
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    jonathan_tijuana's Avatar ...
    i still have the search bar how can i take it away?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Retired
    Originally posted by jonathan_tijuana@3 January 2004 - 21:58
    i still have the search bar how can i take it away?
    check your software list and the &#39;programfiles&#39; folder

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    try rightclicking in the blacnk area at the top near the address bar and all thiose buttons then uncheck search bar or something like that if its on the list.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    What is the name os the search bar? If you find the name try looking for it in Add and remove in control panel and try uninstalling it.

If you right click and customize not to have it then it wont display but will still be on your computer. Try finding out what search bar it is or when you search something what page it takes you. Search on google on removal instructions for that search bar, if it is really spyware kinds you will find plenty of information.
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster
    go to the hompage of the search bar (will show up when u search using it) then go to there help page and on it there is a program that uninstalls it