Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Amd 1900+

i am currently building a pc for a friend of mine, and was wondering if a amd 1900 palomino is good enough....i heard it is quite faster than the p4 2.0ghz in most task...is that true? he play games but only occasionally....and he has a 5600ultra to back up this cpu...so should this cpu be faster than his current 1.8ghz celeron cpu?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Originally posted by kazaaliterock@3 January 2004 - 09:48
    should this cpu be faster than his current 1.8ghz celeron cpu?
    yes

he should find it more than sufficient
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    im thinking of picking up 2...one for him, one for my moms system....i do a video encoding on my moms comp...and w/ here 1.8 celeron...it usually take about 2hours to encode a 700mb avi to mpg....you think that time will decrease/increase w/ this 1900?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Originally posted by kazaaliterock@3 January 2004 - 09:57
    im thinking of picking up 2...one for him, one for my moms system....i do a video encoding on my moms comp...and w/ here 1.8 celeron...it usually take about 2hours to encode a 700mb avi to mpg....you think that time will decrease/increase w/ this 1900?
    it&#39;s hard to say exactly, but here&#39;s a comparison picture which should give you an idea

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    oh wow, it beats a 2.2 ghz real p4 screw my moms celeron lol

looking at that chart, im thinking of lowering my friends cpu down to a 1700 becuz he thinking of this as a secondary pc....

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Originally posted by kazaaliterock@3 January 2004 - 10:10
    oh wow, it beats a 2.2 ghz real p4 screw my moms celeron lol
    you do know that you can&#39;t fit an Amd cpu into an Intel board, don&#39;t you?
    don&#39;t want to patronise you if you already knew

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    yea, i know....i have a old shuttle mobo laying around somewhere in the attic....it was from the system im typing this up from....it only has 4x agp and 2 dimm slots so i upgrade.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Originally posted by kazaaliterock@3 January 2004 - 10:31
    yea, i know....i have a old shuttle mobo laying around somewhere in the attic....it was from the system im typing this up from....it only has 4x agp and 2 dimm slots so i upgrade.
    ok, sorry about that
    i just didn&#39;t know if you knew or not and couldn&#39;t let you go out and potentially waste money

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Keikan's Avatar ........

Ohh noo!!! I make dribbles!!!

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    haha, so i guess you dont download avi. or unless you store it on your 6.1 GB comp.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast