Thread: Ozzfest 2006!

cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel

Cool

So who's all going this year? I'm gonna be buying my tickets tomorrow (floor tix, 140 bones...and that's in US currency lol) and they're for the amphitheater in Auburn Washington gotta drive across border, but should be well worth it since SOAD will be main stage with Ozzy

Here are the bands that will be at Seattle (and pretty much the entire US tour):

OZZY OSBOURNE, SYSTEM OF A DOWN, AVENGED SEVENFOLD, DISTURBED, HATEBREED, LACUNA COIL, ZAKK WYLDE (HEADLINING SECOND STATE), ATREYU, BLEEDING THROUGH, UNEARTH, NORMA JEAN, STRAPPING YOUNG LAD, THE RED CHORD, WALLS OF JERICHO, BETWEEN THE BURIED AND ME, FULL BLOWN CHAOS, A LIFE ONCE LOST, ALL THAT REMAINS, DRAGON FORCE AND MUCH MUCH MORE.

Cannot fucking wait man this is gonna be awesome

Although I wish Metallica and/or Iron Maiden was there this year, its really crappy what happend to Maiden last year...

And also Stone Sour shoulda been there, if Stone Sour is coming to Vancouver this year it should well make up for it.

So ya, who's going this year? ROCK ON!

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

2. Music   -   #2
    lee551's Avatar no soup for you! BT Rep: +5
    can i get discounted tickets to the second stage only? honestly, i want to see all the second stage bands 100x more than any of those main ones.

main stage:
    ozzy - i know he's the king, but he'll have to quit sometime
    soad - basically pop music by now
    a7x - i think they've turned pussy, where's the screaming on that new cd?
    disturbed - i thought sharon osbourne said they're not booking nu-metal acts anymore. when i went to a disturbed concert i liked the opening acts way better (10 years & ill nino)
    hatebreed - them i wouldn't mind seeing, but i could pass
    lacuna coil - are they serious?
    zakk wylde - another one i wouldn't mind seeing

second stage:
    UNEARTH, atreyu, norma jean, a life once lost, btbam, the red chord, bleeding through!!!!! there ya go ozzfest, stay on track.

3. Music   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by lee551
    can i get discounted tickets to the second stage only? honestly, i want to see all the second stage bands 100x more than any of those main ones.

main stage:
    ozzy - i know he's the king, but he'll have to quit sometime
    soad - basically pop music by now
    a7x - i think they've turned pussy, where's the screaming on that new cd?
    disturbed - i thought sharon osbourne said they're not booking nu-metal acts anymore. when i went to a disturbed concert i liked the opening acts way better (10 years & ill nino)
    hatebreed - them i wouldn't mind seeing, but i could pass
    lacuna coil - are they serious?
    zakk wylde - another one i wouldn't mind seeing

second stage:
    UNEARTH, atreyu, norma jean, a life once lost, btbam, the red chord, bleeding through!!!!! there ya go ozzfest, stay on track.
    lol

Ozzy - he's the king and I will always respect his work, so that's a must
    SOAD - imo its music with a purpose and I like em so win win for me lol
    A7X - only watchin em for their older songs, some new ones like unholy confessions and i wont be seeing you tonight part 2 (that's if they play em live)
    Lucana Oil - ya seriously what the fuck dude lol
    Disturbed - they're alright I guess
    Zack Wylde - def. cant wait to see this guy
    Unearth - hell yes, saw them when I went to the slipknot concert, these guys have good music cant wait to see em again
    Strapping Young Lad - vocalist's scream = sex
    Atreyu - not that big a fan but still great band
    Bleeding through - sweeeeeeeeeeet

Also, even if Sharon said she's not booking anymore Nu-Metal acts, I think that's just a play on words. I can pretty much guarantee that Slipknot will be second stage (they never played 1st because their fans were always 2nd stage) on the 2007 or 2008 tour for sure, as well as Linkin Park (shudder), Slipknot I wouldn't mind, but LP, hell nooo

4. Music   -   #4
    i really wish i could find the direct quote from her about the nu-metal situation. i got quite a kick out of it. it was a few years ago though. it went something like:

when asked why there weren't any nu-metal acts on ozzfest this year, sharon osbourne replied, "because we're not gay."

it was classic. i recently read ozzy is only playing ~10/20-some shows. that sucks. he needs to just call it already.

i think the atmosphere at ozzfest would be pretty juvenile. i'd rather spend 1/10 of the money for a scaled down, select-band show and have much more fun.

5. Music   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by lee551
    i really wish i could find the direct quote from her about the nu-metal situation. i got quite a kick out of it. it was a few years ago though. it went something like:

when asked why there weren't any nu-metal acts on ozzfest this year, sharon osbourne replied, "because we're not gay."

it was classic. i recently read ozzy is only playing ~10/20-some shows. that sucks. he needs to just call it already.

i think the atmosphere at ozzfest would be pretty juvenile. i'd rather spend 1/10 of the money for a scaled down, select-band show and have much more fun.
    Hahahahahha, that's an awesome quote (damn now I must find it lol).

And ya, you last paragraph, completely agree with it.

Still, can't wait till the 29th

6. Music   -   #6
    So So Sick
    If you go to alot of concerts (like I do) you most likely have seen most of these bands opening for better acts or on their own. I think festivals are kinda a rip off. The bands play short sets, they are during the day when it is too fucking hot. The ticket prices are high, but even if you consider it a value because of all the bands you will see then the price of merch, food and even water is just INSANE! Not to mention beer.

I personally have seen all these bands on this tour: OZZY OSBOURNE, SYSTEM OF A DOWN, AVENGED SEVENFOLD, DISTURBED, HATEBREED, LACUNA COIL, ZAKK WYLDE, ATREYU, BLEEDING THROUGH, STRAPPING YOUNG LAD and WALLS OF JERICHO.

I would say the only bands worth seeing are OZZY OSBOURNE, SYSTEM OF A DOWN and STRAPPING YOUNG LAD.

But thats just me...

7. Music   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by sickofcake
    If you go to alot of concerts (like I do) you most likely have seen most of these bands opening for better acts or on their own. I think festivals are kinda a rip off. The bands play short sets, they are during the day when it is too fucking hot. The ticket prices are high, but even if you consider it a value because of all the bands you will see then the price of merch, food and even water is just INSANE! Not to mention beer.

I personally have seen all these bands on this tour: OZZY OSBOURNE, SYSTEM OF A DOWN, AVENGED SEVENFOLD, DISTURBED, HATEBREED, LACUNA COIL, ZAKK WYLDE, ATREYU, BLEEDING THROUGH, STRAPPING YOUNG LAD and WALLS OF JERICHO.

I would say the only bands worth seeing are OZZY OSBOURNE, SYSTEM OF A DOWN and STRAPPING YOUNG LAD.

But thats just me...
    Ya I agree with you, I've seen all the bands mentioned minus Strapping Young Lad (which I've heard is awesome live, and I have some of their music) and Dragonforce (fucking awesome guitar skills from what I've seen/heard).

Personally, A7X just sucks live, that's my opinion. Their show was subpar when they came to Vancouver, their music is alright, but they just plain suck live. Lacuna Coil I personally would not like to see live. Hatebreed = sweet (brings up a nice sidenote, go check out Hate Eternal, their drummer Derek Roddy = sex). Zakk Wylde I can't wait to see live, since this is my first time

Disturbed I've seen live, not that great, but def. a good show (better than most that I've seen anyway). Atreyu, not that bad, could be better.

Ozzy, fuckin awesome even though it's getting old I still wouldn't mind seeing him play live one last time.

I think out of all the concerts I've gone to, Slipknot takes the cake. Probably my biasedness, but you know what? I never really liked that band before I went to their concert, I was kidna psyched the night of the show but didn't know why (my friends were going so I said what the hell, this is Vancouver, no one ever comes here so might as well). Their show, out of all the shows/concerts I've been too, was THE best show ever. Way too much fun, so much energy, and raw power. Even if you dislike this band, you've gotta check em out live (but only if you're on the floor, I couldn't tell you waht the show would be like if you had seats since I've never experienced that).

But ya, 29th can't wait.

8. Music   -   #8
    That looks like a very nice show to me

9. Music   -   #9
    so choked, couldn't go this year, but from what I'm hearing from my friend was not great at all, he seems pissed off. Still kinda regret it, but some last min. stuff came up (university related) so I couldn't go.

10. Music   -   #10
    yeah. it's kinda overrated. it's all about the local scene nowadays. support yours!