Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Which Os Do U Think Is The Best?

Forum Star
    Originally posted by JimF@26 February 2003 - 13:48
    Incidentaly it would have to be

type C:\install.doc or type A:\install.doc

as the type command needs to know where the file is located. Otherwise you would have to CD.. to get to the root directory before running the command. Of course if it a file on A you want the CD A: would be required.

Unless of course it was listed in the path, but what are the chances. That's really for system commands. Anyway I'm not sure that the astronaut would work with the type command. I think it's only for specific files.

Good luck
    But it didn't crash...

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    Look i think windows Me is the best but you lot are going to disagre with me i downloaded it off KaZaA and it works fine

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    Poster
    Windows XP Home Edition if you want a personal desktop I guess, And XP Pro if you want to network

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    Go with XP....Full install....NTFS....Takes a bit of getting used to.....But it finally won me over from 98/SE/ME/2000. To be quite honest...I wish Linux would get their shit together....But that is another story....

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    Supernatural's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Spidy@28 February 2003 - 14:21
    Look i think windows Me is the best but you lot are going to disagre with me i downloaded it off KaZaA and it works fine
    That's just a sad cry for attention.

SolidWing, pro is exactly like home, except with more administrative features. Any OS can be personalized, not just XP home.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    XP pro.......can't go wrong....

7. Software & Hardware   -   #27
    im between xp pro, and linux. both are nice in different ways. OS X for the mac is nice too, but i haven't really gotten into that much. No mac user wants to give up a computer that long. (NOTE: this is not to start a mac fight) o

8. Software & Hardware   -   #28
    Poster
    AMIGADOS, best ever. Nowt more to say

There is actually, I still love my Amiga

9. Software & Hardware   -   #29
    1/2 Man, 1/2 Amazing
    I think i would rather not have sex the rest of my life, then have a home pc with Win ME on it, yuck.

Anyhow, its XP for me. Very stable, a little bloated, but what ms product isnt.

And compatability wise, it cant be beat by any other os.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #30
    TRshady
    Originally posted by geprobert@26 February 2003 - 00:47
    I too use Windows 2000, but I think overall I would *just* go for XP... but I'm put off by 'Product Activation' and stuff - if it still applies, I don't really know.

I do get annoyed with 2000 a bit - not being able to play certain games, video-conferencing wouldn't work with MSN messenger or Netmeeting, takes AGES to startup and shutdown.
    Same me, product activation is the only thing stopping me from upgrading. As for windows 2000, its not true, its just you.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast