Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tip On Writing Posts!

I don't mean to sound like a tool or a teacher but it is all too common nowadays for people to write on internet posts USING THEIR OWN INTERNET language. I know most people are too lazy to correctly grammaticize a sentence or paragraph but it is so important you do so! I cannot count the number of posts I have read in my years on my boards and more and more people don't make any sense in what they are trying to convey to the readers, and it is incredibly ANNOYING! If you are explaining something or helping a fellow board member then try to speak the english language and not use some internet lingo or your AIM slang that so many like to do. It would help us all..

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    Damn grammaticize is a proper word. Thought I caught you. lol. Welcome to the forum.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    well, for one its not "grammaticize", its "grammaticalize"
    But yeah, I do understand what you mean.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    namzuf9's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by SiNiSteR@26 February 2003 - 00:55
    I don't mean to sound like a tool or a teacher but it is all too common nowadays for people to write on internet posts USING THEIR OWN INTERNET language.
    wtf u on bout lol

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Originally posted by namzuf9+25 February 2003 - 17:08--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (namzuf9 @ 25 February 2003 - 17:08)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--SiNiSteR@26 February 2003 - 00:55
    I don&#39;t mean to sound like a tool or a teacher but it is all too common nowadays for people to write on internet posts USING THEIR OWN INTERNET language.
    wtf u on bout lol [/b][/quote]
    Perfect example. Anyways there some people that don&#39;t speak good English, but most of them just have thier own language of some sort.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Forum Star
    Dus dis couwnt fur foruwners 2?

But I agree with you, I even tend to skip posts from members who are writing unintelligible.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    hehehehe, all this talk about grammar makes me alert for mistakes. I&#39;ve already spotted a few but I&#39;d rather not mention it.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    imported_computerfreak76
    try iespell

after you install it all you have to do is right click and it will correct all misspellings and hyphens.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Originally posted by johnboy@26 February 2003 - 02:05
    well, for one its not "grammaticize", its "grammaticalize"&nbsp;
    But yeah, I do understand what you mean.
    haha i knew this, i just wanted to see if one of you would catch it, i had to put one of those slang words in here.. haha good job johnboy.. i can edit that sentence and say people&#39;s grammaticism of sentences is horrible..anyways thanks zapjb for the welcome..this board rocks&#33;&#33;

i mean i know we all want to type fast, but if it&#39;s clearly not understandable who are ya helping?

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Yeah and not to mention that by practicing good grammar on the net, we&#39;ll be performing good grammar elsewhere.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast