Thread: Connecting...connecting

I'm running clean kmd 2.4.4. I've been downloading 4 files(knights of the old republic cd1,2,3,4) for the past 2 days. I've been noticing that 3 of the 4 downloads will attempt to connect to users(2 users, 3 users, etc..) but will never connect. It will just keep doing that for hours! What is causing this, and how do I fix it?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    I'm having a similar problem for about the last two weeks, but I have V. 2.10. Everything was working fine, uploads and downloads, no problems at all, then all of a sudden I can't ever download anything at all, it gives the same thing over and over, and I've got a whole list of things I've been trying to finish DL-ing for the last two weeks, day and night. Uploads still work fine.... Hope someone can/will help!

:helpsmile: :helpsmile: :helpsmile: :helpsmile:

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    @ suzuko, I fear that our pleas for help are falling upon deaf ears

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Poster
    Sorry people but its come up time and time again that could be why no one is answering,as one member say's:-
    MUSLEMAN
    your download speed depends on the # of sources for it and their upload speed, anddon't be fooled by what you see in the search window they are not an indication of who is available for connection so change supernodes to see if you get lucky, also use localized supernodes, also try changing ports, and lower your upload bandwidth,remove the no ip sources from your dat files and see if it helps

what you are seeing is klite going thru all the sources it has in the dat file and trying to connect to them, but because they are not available for connection for one reason or another, it can't connect to them, and its moving on to the next source and so forth and so on, once it finds one to connect to it will otherwise be patient
    I know its NOT what you want but thats about it in a nutshell or have a look here see if that helps out.

http://klboard.ath.cx/index.php?showtopic=68372

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    I have had the same problem lately with dowloading files. Have You tried to search for the file again? Sometimes this helps to gain the sources that will connect.

If that fails, Try to download the "new" file from the search window. Stay conected to Kazaa until the download is complete. This Occasionally helps (with this way cancle the "old" file with the same name).

I have about 40 files that are like this right now.....but Workin on it

As to why this happens, I have no clue, except perhaps they are perpetually lost in cyberspace.......lol Perhaps I had exited kazaa without disconnecting first??? Would that cause this? Maybe.

Hope this helps some

Blessings,

Lady Arionna

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    i have the same problem wit kazaa lite, but i downloaded emule, it works, but its not as nice looking and easy to use as kazaa lite or clean kmd