Thread: Overnet Questions

First off all, thanks for the ones that gave me the overnet tip. And thanks for the overnet Lite installer. I hated emule, but Overnet makes me happy. Much faster and more friendly.

few questions...
    1: Can Overnet download files from regular emule users???
    2: Why does the users connected number change so dramtically? One moment it says 1.000.000 users, the other it says 200.000 users, the moment it says 10 users??????>
    3: Does Overnet use a credit system?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    ZaZu's Avatar I know stuff ...
    1. yes
    2. don't know
    3. yes

If you attack the establishment long enough and hard enough, they will make you a member of it.
    -- Art Buchwald --

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Ok thanks for clearing that up.

So why is it that overnet is like 20 times faster then emule if they both use the same network and share the same amount of files?????

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    hmm dunno maybe becoz its not server related like emule etc

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    powerstick's Avatar Poster
    I haven't been very sucessful with files dl fast with Overnet. It does start faster than EMule but every time I start Overnet I loose my hashes for Emule so I just use Overnet. I don't know why the hashes are stated as corrupt when I restart Emule + See Problems Loading Hash
    Make your files the smallest possible to share. If you don't you how I recomend DR. DivX. It will do it for you. We don't want to have to dl that 2.5 gig sh*t for a movie or 2 SVCD's. SMALLEST FORMAT ALWAYS!!!!!!

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    what is this overnet lite installer? wut does it do? could u please direct me to a site that i can get it from

7. File Sharing   -   #7

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Overnet is serverless.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    SeK612's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Originally posted by powerstick@5 January 2004 - 05:19
    I haven't been very sucessful with files dl fast with Overnet. It does start faster than EMule but every time I start Overnet I loose my hashes for Emule so I just use Overnet. I don't know why the hashes are stated as corrupt when I restart Emule + See Problems Loading Hash
    Same thing. Overnet connects faster and intial speeds are higher then on emule but overall I get very similar speeds on both (which is a bit off my top speed) - although this may be in part because I get firewall errors with both. I prefer the layout of emule plus and since there not benifit to me using Overnet I would switch back. However I get the same corruption error when loading emule plus (and it doesn't look easy to get them back into emule). Only way I can see is to use overnet to clear my downloads and then use emule plus for new downloads