Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gangs Of New York Opinions

I know is an outdated subject , but i see it for the first time the movie on dvd the last night , and i 'm very impresed , so i want to hear more opinions about.

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    I loved that movie it's great

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Retired
    good movie !

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    I Fell Asleep Whilst Watching That, Not Saying It Was Rubbish - I Was Just Really Tired That Night

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Originally posted by Dapadipz@4 January 2004 - 14:18
    I Fell Asleep Whilst Watching That, Not Saying It Was Rubbish - I Was Just Really Tired That Night

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    mrlessk's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Dapadipz@4 January 2004 - 05:18
    I Fell Asleep Whilst Watching That,  Not Saying It Was Rubbish - I Was Just Really Tired That Night 
    Give it another chance when you can stay awake for a few hours.
    ....on DVD is a must!
    Granted, two and a half hours is too long for most any movie...it must be "pretty damn good". Unfortunately, Gangs of New York is not quite up to that level but the fights and knife-throwing skills of Bill the Butcher were interesting enough.
    I thought it one of the better pix of the year. Pretty much held my attention from beginning to end, unusual for many movies made these days.
    I really liked the Daniel Day Lewis character-Bill 'The Butcher'. His recklessness and unpredictable behavior held my interest. Martin Scorsese's direction added to the movie's quality and flair (my thumb moves slowly to an upward pointing direction (oops!...not a "thumbs-up emoticon to be found? )

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    uNdEaD$$$
    Woah stop trying to sell the movie guy!!!!!!!!! I haven't seen it but it has everything to make a really crap movie.

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    Give it another chance when you can stay awake for a few hours
    Hmm Il Try Gonna Be Very Very Hard To Stay Away For That Lo......zZzZzZ

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    My dad watched half of it and said he didn't like it. He said something that "it had an old style to it" or somthing like that

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    mrlessk's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Forevame7189@4 January 2004 - 08:33
    My dad watched half of it and said he didn't like it. He said something that "it had an old style to it" or somthing like that
    Duh!....uh, yeah. Might be because the story unfolds and takes place in 1863 New York??

Anyway, this thread simply asked for an individual's assessment of the movie. What a dull world it would be if we all thought the same without varying opinions. Only way to be sure is to see it for yourself. As you can see here, the reviews are mixed so, who knows?, you may fall into the thumbs-up or could very well also fall into the thumbs-down group of opinions.
    Like they say, "one man's junk is another man's treasure" (or something like that...lol)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast