Thread: Internet Explorer

Every time i go to a webpage or open intenret explorer it does this:

it also does this:

can any1 help me remove it?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    fkdup74's Avatar Pneuberator.
    cant see your screenshots
    whats IE doin?
    I am just a worthless liar. I am just an imbecile.
    I will only complicate you. Trust in me and fall as well.
    I will find a center in you. I will chew it up and leave.
    I will work to elevate you just enough to bring you down.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Regular Member BT Rep: +5
    you need to be connected to the net. if you are then go to file>>>>untick workoffline

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    why dont u try connecting

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    OK, here we go...

AOL does not (and refuses to) support Independent Dial-Up. This means you have to connect through AOL's own browser, and if you want to use Internet Explorer, you have to do it after you have connected to AOL. You also cannot close down the AOL browser, or you will be disconnected.

What I am trying to say is, you cannot directly connect to AOL through any browser other than AOL's.

If you haven't got the AOL browser, I suggest you search for one of those stupid discs or contact AOL.

Also, change your ISP!!!

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Izagaia's Avatar Her angel of darkness
    Beyond midnight, near you, in darkness...
    Originally posted by phAnt0m buRn@4 January 2004 - 16:55
    Also, change your ISP!!!
    This being the most-est important point of the lesson here, boys and girls...

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Originally posted by Izagaia+4 January 2004 - 22:39--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Izagaia @ 4 January 2004 - 22:39)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-phAnt0m buRn@4 January 2004 - 16:55
    Also, change your ISP&#33;&#33;&#33;
    This being the most-est important point of the lesson here, boys and girls... [/b][/quote]
    nonono, i have broad band, and my dad needs aol for his business. Im online and internet works fine but its juss fuckin annoying for that to pop up every time, i want to disable it, can any1 help?

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Izagaia's Avatar Her angel of darkness
    Beyond midnight, near you, in darkness...
    Well first of all, by default, usually the opening of any web browser will instigate your system&#39;s dial-up connection to run. However you say you have broadband. So my question is simply: are you using a DSL service which uses PPPoE (point-to-point-protocol-over-ethernet) ? This is the only type of broadband connection I am aware of that uses the dial-up connection prompt.

Or if you are using a cable modem, you can disable your 56k modem in "network connections" and also check to be certain of which service is set as your default connection. You can disable the dial-up prompt altogether in "internet properties". Right click the internet explorer icon, choose internet properties>connections> under dial up connections and virtual private networks check the box "never dial a connection". Click "apply" then "ok" and close the window.

Internet Explorer and any other web browser beyond AOL&#39;s is irrelevant to you at this point. You may as well not even attempt downloading or installing any other. And you may also wish to check your control panel applet responsible for the handling of your default application assignments. Meaning how your system is set to use a specific application depending upon what type of file you open. You should have AOL set as your default internet browser and mail client.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    @SecretSquirrel,
    Open IE > Tools > Connections>
    Select "Never Dial a connection"

-
    I.am
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>