Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Nvidia Gets Raped Again!

Originally posted by DWk@5 January 2004 - 15:40
    oh boohoo :

btw... if you think that having respect means just knowing things about ONE thing (ati), and bashing on its direct competitor (nvidia)...gl with the rest of your life

you try to "lecture to me" by telling me to "wisen up"....yet all you can do is bash against a brand that isnt what you put it for...

wisen up, homey..

ps: nice job on taking other man's words and making them ur own (not to mention repeating them so constantly....) this really shows your true "wisdom"
    Like I told you before, I am stupid.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    Originally posted by GCNaddict+5 January 2004 - 18:57--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (GCNaddict @ 5 January 2004 - 18:57)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-DWk@5 January 2004 - 14:40
    oh boohoo :

btw... if you think that having respect means just knowing things about ONE thing (ati), and bashing on its direct competitor (nvidia)...gl with the rest of your life

you try to "lecture to me" by telling me to "wisen up"....yet all you can do is bash against a brand that isnt what you put it for...

wisen up, homey..

ps: nice job on taking other man&#39;s words and making them ur own (not to mention repeating them so constantly....) this really shows your true "wisdom"
    good call

@Adam: I am a fan of ati (as they created the "flipper" chip in the GameCube) but I stand equal with both companies: they both have advantages in their own games (ATI : Half Life 2 :: nVidia : Doom3 [neither is out yet]) next time, dont be so biased against one company. you&#39;re being like the loser who thot that having an AMD Processor is a sign of a h4x0r

look if ur going to bash some company, at least use ur own words&#33;

on a sidenote, if u didnt understand what i meant by "the loser who thot that having an AMD Processor is a sign of a h4x0r," ask mad cat, he&#39;ll enlighten u
    [/b][/quote]
    You and DWK...

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    GCNaddict's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by adamp2p+5 January 2004 - 19:58--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (adamp2p @ 5 January 2004 - 19:58)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by GCNaddict@5 January 2004 - 18:57
    <!--QuoteBegin-DWk
    @5 January 2004 - 14:40
    oh boohoo :

wisen up, homey..

ps: nice job on taking other man&#39;s words and making them ur own (not to mention repeating them so constantly....) this really shows your true "wisdom"

good call

@Adam: I am a fan of ati (as they created the "flipper" chip in the GameCube) but I stand equal with both companies: they both have advantages in their own games (ATI : Half Life 2 :: nVidia : Doom3 [neither is out yet]) next time, dont be so biased against one company. you&#39;re being like the loser who thot that having an AMD Processor is a sign of a h4x0r

look if ur going to bash some company, at least use ur own words&#33;

on a sidenote, if u didnt understand what i meant by "the loser who thot that having an AMD Processor is a sign of a h4x0r," ask mad cat, he&#39;ll enlighten u
    You and DWK... [/b][/quote]
    shut your shit (i love saying that) and stop defending ur ass when u skrew&#33; be like atividia who ran away when he shat on himself

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    I have not sworn allegiance to this particular board, nor do I plan on it. I see that you have somehow associated some sort of sucess with post count here. That is very interesting and I have seen it happen before.

People with no direction in their lives often bond onto any little thing they can because they find meaning and purpose to their lives. Great; so you have found direction with your life posting on some dinky, internet message board.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    This has turned into a bashing each other session. Please stop.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    BANNED
    10-4 VB....

however i have to say one more thing.... adam what makes u so good in ur life so u can come and tell any1 here what is your assumption of every1s life?

facts first, homey

7. Software & Hardware   -   #27
    GCNaddict's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Virtualbody1234+5 January 2004 - 20:20--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Virtualbody1234 &#064; 5 January 2004 - 20:20)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> This has turned into a bashing each other session. Please stop. [/b]

i agree

<!--QuoteBegin-DWk
    @5 January 2004 - 20:54
    10-4 VB....

however i have to say one more thing.... adam what makes u so good in ur life so u can come and tell any1 here what is your assumption of every1s life?

facts first, homey
    [/quote]
    i agree with that too

8. Software & Hardware   -   #28
    Originally posted by GCNaddict@5 January 2004 - 01:19

all the (good) games such as UT2003 and Tron 2.0 are optimized for both cards, and the results are almost equal in those benchmarks

A picture speaks a thousand words.

The graphics card from EVGA gives up before RADEON 9800 XT in this test, although the game itself was developed under the NVIDIA’s slogan “The way it’s meant to be played” (i.e. the game is sharpened specifically for NVIDIA’s GPUs). There is no great speed difference between “quality” and “fast” anisotropic filtering modes, as there are no large amounts of “heavy” textures. Unlike Unreal Tournament 2003, it doesn’t require high texturing speed.
    source

Oh, and you will love this one: the only way that the 5950 U can even compete with the 9800 XT is when the 5950 U is overclocked to the "XTreme." I love that. So what were you saying again about Tron and UT? I think I missed it. Could you clarify please?

Both cards enjoy a certain performance gain (25-30%) when we use “fast” rather than “quality” AF. The graphics memory bandwidth influences the results in higher resolutions more, so we have a smaller gain there, about 20-25%.

Our extreme overclocking of the EVGA e-GeForce FX 5950 Ultra provides a nice additional performance gain of 15-20%. As a result, this card is the winner in this test, although when working at nominal frequencies it goes neck and neck with the RADEON.

"Hold on, there; are you saying that the 9800 XT beats the 5950 U at nominal frequencies and the only way the 5950 U delivers faster framerates than the XT is when the 5950 U is overclocked and the XT is not?"

"Yes."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123