Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Putting Together A Pc

Hello, I am putting together a new PC for the first time and I am wondering if there is any specific order the components must be connected in? I ahve the mobo screwed in place, but now does it matter say if I put in the ram or if I put in the processor? is there any specific order in which everything goes?
    Thanks
    Kai
    Q6600 @ 3.42Ghz | Gigabyte EP35-DS3R | EVGA 8800GT 721/1802/2006 w/ Accelero S1 | 4gb Crucial DDR2 @ 760mhz | 750gb Hitachi 7k1000 | Corsair 520HX | 2 x Samsung SyncMaster T240 24" | Windows 7 Ultimate

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Lick My Lovepump
    You coulda searched.

Guide to Building a PC

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    y do you have the mobo screw in place when you dont have the other components installed first? it just make it harder.

but to your question.....no

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    did that and thouroughly read it as well, but nowhere did i see it saying if there was a specific order, my problem is that my processor doesnt get here till tomorow but i have the rest of the components, so i am starting it now, but on the guide processor is about 2nd in line, can i put the rest in and leave that till later??
    Kai
    Q6600 @ 3.42Ghz | Gigabyte EP35-DS3R | EVGA 8800GT 721/1802/2006 w/ Accelero S1 | 4gb Crucial DDR2 @ 760mhz | 750gb Hitachi 7k1000 | Corsair 520HX | 2 x Samsung SyncMaster T240 24" | Windows 7 Ultimate

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Lick My Lovepump
    If you're new to building PCs then you should follow that guide step by step. If you want to be safe, don't try to rush things. Like you said. you're not gonna be able to get things running till your CPU arrives, so there is no point rushing and maybe even breaking things.

You probably can put other things in first, like the guy above me said. But, like I said above, is there any point rushing even if you can't get it all done anyway?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    _John_Lennon_'s Avatar Poster
    Btw, one thing here, and coming from a person who has put togther aruond 20+ computers,

Just use logic, and you will be fine on most things. As long as you dont leave the installtion of some thing out COMPLETELY, you will be fine. Like, there will be little difference between installing your CPU, and HS/F, and Ram before one another.

The important thing is that you actually do install them, and correctly.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Lick My Lovepump
    Originally posted by _John_Lennon_@5 January 2004 - 01:33
    The important thing is that you actually do install them, and correctly.
    That's what I was trying to say really.

Be careful!

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster
    Another thing is to make sure that all the risers that your board screw to are ligned up right and there are none gone a stray.If one of them is out of place your board will be screwed on first boot.
    Gigabyte GA7-VT600 P-L
    Athlon XP2500+ @ 3200+
    512mb OCZ DDR333 (2,3,3,7)
    Samsung SP8004h 80gig harddrive
    Radeon 9200 128 mb
    LG cdrw/dvd drive

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    I think it's a lot easier to install the chip and HSF with the board out of the case.

Also, make sure you know where all the front control headers ( on/off, restart, indicator lights, etc.) plug in...those can be a bear to find with the board in place.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Poster
    Originally posted by clocker@5 January 2004 - 01:55
    I think it's a lot easier to install the chip and HSF with the board out of the case.

yea, i think thats what kliterock was trying to say ....but also, amke sure your jumper are correct...especially the cmos jumper...if its set to "clear cmos" your comp will not start.....thats what happen to me on my first comp. took me almost half an hour to figure how to fix it

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast