Thread: How Can I Tell

BANNED
    hi ppl, i am getting my ram on my comp upgraded but i don't know what type i have (ddr or sdram) how can i tell?

thx

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Download and install Aida32.
    You can find out just about anything with this program.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Take the strip out and read it that way youll be sure then you can match the speed etc. Some people at the store know less than you do . So take it with you. No problems.

PS that way you have a little practice too because a lot of people make mistakes reseating the ram you know errors and such like its bean said before it takes a bit a force to place in the slot . But it is easy after one or two times lol

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    Originally posted by peat moss@5 January 2004 - 02:36
    PS that way you have a little practice  too because a lot of people make mistakes  reseating  the ram you know errors  and such like its bean said before it takes a bit a force to place in the slot . But it is easy after one or two times lol 
    Hehe, I remember when I first went from SIMMs to DIMMs - I couldn't believe the force needed to get them into the slot!
    Now when I build a system, the CPU, HS/F and RAM are all installed on a bench before going in the case.
    if your font size is this small i'll add you to my ignore list because you're wasting my time, OK?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Smurfette I wrecked my first mobo putting in the old ram you know the 45 degree crap. lol

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    bob_the_alien's Avatar Bob The Alien
    Originally posted by Smurfette@5 January 2004 - 17:45
    Now when I build a system, the CPU, HS/F and RAM are all installed on a bench before going in the case.
    That's a good idea anyway, though mine is usually assembled on a carpeted floor, , haven't fried one yet. But it's so much easier to have everything installed on the mobo before putting it in the case, Jesus, it sucks to put a hsf on in some of these small ass cases.
    "Where did he go, George, Where did he go?"