Thread: Image Capture Devices

SideSwiped's Avatar LB 3880
    I have many, say upward of 2000 movies on vhs, they are not available on dvd nor on vhs for purchase, been recording movies since 1979, the only image capture device that I heard of was one by Dazzle* are there any other companies that make them, and if so, how do the prices range and what is the general quality of the device?

I ask because someone had asked for a movie that I know was never sold but I happen to have taped it long ago.

My mind works like lightning. One brilliant flash, and it's gone.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Supernatural's Avatar Poster
    My thinks a tv tuner card will do the trick. They have the ability of capturing video feeds.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Nightwolf's Avatar Old Guy
    However, a tuner card (and some video cards) will only capture video. If you also want the audio, you will need to run seperate wires into your sound card. Dazzle will capture both audio and video right through your USB port (or PCI slot, depending on which model you get). I don't have one, but I've often considered it.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    SideSwiped's Avatar LB 3880
    Thanks SuperNatural and Nightwolf, I'm just going to pop for the Dazzle product, it comes with software to rip it as well, and it would sure be a lot simpler to just hook into one of my usb ports. And the way it looks to be set up I think it would allow for true stereo. I would worry about just hooking the sound into my sound cards and having to put up with forced stereo.

My mind works like lightning. One brilliant flash, and it's gone.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Nightwolf's Avatar Old Guy
    The Dazzle DM5400 Digital VideoCreator 80 has a manufacturer's rebate right now. Final cost is $40 at Best Buy, maybe even cheaper from online retailers.