Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Question About Blood

Spider_dude's Avatar cawk BT Rep: +4
    ok here is the story, i was working the other day in a hoispital and i was called to a major haemmorage, thats where the patient won't stop bleeding and you need to keep giving them blood. It made me wonder what would happenif that person wasn't bleeding and you just kept giving them blood. Would they eventually explode? Would they be ok? Would it be safe?
    I immediately thought someone in the wise lounge would know the answer.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    hooked's Avatar booster

^try it there
    love yourself

3. Lounge   -   #3
    i'm sure andre is interesting but i am also sure with him being dead he doesn't know the answer. anyone else?

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Skweeky's Avatar Manker's web totty
    Well, thinking about it logically, I suppose your organs and your veins would indeed start to burst so you'd get a lot of internal bleedings. My guess is that the person would eventually drown in his own blood

5. Lounge   -   #5
    hooked's Avatar booster
    btw > jayhawks sig tells me there's a spider place but the link is a dead end...

love yourself

6. Lounge   -   #6
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    I am guessing but I think that when your BP reaches a certain level then all sort of failures occur. As for exploding! I think you would need to pump it in. Not put it in with a drip. I am not suggesting, for one moment that you are a drip by the way.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    DarthInsinuate's Avatar Died in battle
    i think the excess will eject through the nearest orifice, like the nose, ears, eyes, anus, urethra
    The Sexay Half Of ABBA And Max: Freelance Plants

8. Lounge   -   #8
    but then i think about people donating blood, surely if they can afford to give out blood and still live there must be some sort of buffer zone inside their body for excess to be added?

9. Lounge   -   #9
    BANNED
    Originally posted by DarthInsinuate@5 January 2004 - 08:21
    i think the excess will eject through the nearest orifice, like the nose, ears, eyes, anus, urethra
    it has to burst inside tho.... if this wouldnt happen then you would be dripping blood from your nose every second....

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    I assume it'd burst the weakest veins first, like the ones in yer nose and whatnot.

Adding a smaller(we're not talking litres here) amount of blood to your system is actually a form of doping, it'll increase your performance and whatnot.

But adding copious amounts of any fluid to yer system isn't good, it's possible to drink yourself to death with only water, at some point it'll put to much stress on your internal organs, like your liver and kidneys, and make them stop working.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast