Thread: No Buffer Space Available ?

subsunday
    Since about a week or so, I am unable to download from mirc. Every time I want to download something, I get this message: Closing connection : connection error, try again ( no buffer space available ).
    I have absolutely no idea what I can do about it, is there anyone who can help me ?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    muchspl2
    The buffers the error message is referring to are TCP buffers. TCP/IP stacks need buffers where they can store data that goes to/from the network. Since at a low level the data has to be sent to a hardware device, the buffers generally have to be in low memory (i.e., 1MB). This is valuable space for most users, so most TCP/IP stacks have a way of controlling how many of these buffers the user wants allocated.

If you're using a lot of other network applications at the same time, then you might get this error. Close other network applications that you are not currently using.

If the problem is occurring after leaving your computer running for extended period of time, it means one of the applications your are running is not releasing unused buffers. You will have to do some sleuthing to figure out which application it is. Try shutting down one, run for a couple of days. If problem persists, turn that one back on and shut down another one for a couple of days, and so on, until you find the culprit.

This info was gleaned from a google search for "no buffer space is available." I don't pretend to understand it all, but some searching on your part should solve the problem.
    also have you got mutable mirc clients like trillian or any "?" in device manager
    also check your nic card drivers, try to update them.