Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: About Reporting Anything Unusual

Why is it that sometimes when I (and sometimes other members) report a post, nothing seems to be done about it?

In the old days, when we had that really long "Report anything unusual here" thread, the moderators would edit the reporter's post and say what was done about the situation.

I think it would be a good idea if the moderators did start again saying what was done about it, in order to reassure people.

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #2
    Good point made. Even if the mods feel that nothing needs to be done about this, they should mention it. Might be a good practice.
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #3
    muchspl2
    every time sept once when I have reported something I got a response, sept today on some 6 to 6000 scam
    it was just closed but whoever locked it didn&#39;t edit my post and since they locked the report thread I couldn&#39;t edit out the spam, so its still there
    according to a pm by Pol the area mods can only control there "area"
    this leaves a loop hole for the whole system
    they need to open up the whole report anything unusual area so all the mods can edit post there also
    otherwise it pointless to report and have it closed just to have a copy of the post in the report anything unusual area
    /.02

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #4
    I have one more concern. Whenever someone reports something, it is clearly visible to everyone. This could be a good thing as it will help people to see that a post has already been reported and doesnt need to be reported twice. But this opens for the posters to see what has been reported and in turn they come up to flame you right there. Its not one case we sure have noticed in many posts. I feel something should be done about this. How about a rule having, that until the mod has looked in the situation the original poster should not go about flaming or posting anything in that thread. If the poster has any concerns he/she should pm a mod who is looking into the situation. A mod in turn can edit the original post and mention that he/she is looking in the situation.

-
    I.am
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #5
    vivitron 15's Avatar Poster
    this section could be made so that us mortals can only post there to report (obviously) or to respond to a thread we started - i.e. our own report.

any other concerns can go through pm
    <insert signature here>

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #6
    muchspl2
    no mods have look into this post

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #7
    Out of The Ordinary
    I can only speak for Myself but I always reply to the report post and say if the post is deleted/edited/moved or whatever, then close the thread so no other Global Moderator&#39;s will open the same thread.

BOT

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #8
    jetje's Avatar former star
    We just had a small debate on this in team chat and all agreed on closing the topic when done... on a lot of topics there&#39;s no need of telling what action was taken cause they&#39;re quite obvious...

If you wanna report something but thinks it&#39;s better not to do so in public, just pm a mod

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #9
    muchspl2
    k,
    but what about the quotes in the report post, can it not automanticaly quote the post in question, or will area mods have the "authorité" to be able to edit post?
    that was my question

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #10
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Originally posted by I.am@6 January 2004 - 09:28
    I have one more concern. Whenever someone reports something, it is clearly visible to everyone. This could be a good thing as it will help people to see that a post has already been reported and doesnt need to be reported twice. But this opens for the posters to see what has been reported and in turn they come up to flame you right there. Its not one case we sure have noticed in many posts. I feel something should be done about this. How about a rule having, that until the mod has looked in the situation the original poster should not go about flaming or posting anything in that thread. If the poster has any concerns he/she should pm a mod who is looking into the situation. A mod in turn can edit the original post and mention that he/she is looking in the situation.

-
    I.am
    I wouldn&#39;t worry about that ppl could see other reporting in the report anything thread before the report button came

personally I miss the days of the PM a mod if trouble gets there attention straight away seeing a pop up on the screen

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast