Thread: Generals Again!

hi anyone know how to change a .bin.exe to just .bin? or else how do i use it? i took ages getting this one after the first one was missing a couple of movie files... the file i just downloaded is cc generals cd2.bin.exe and is 776 mb
    thanks

2. Games   -   #2
    Lick My Lovepump
    Go into a folder or "My Documents."
    Click:
    Tools > Folder Options... > View Tab
    Uncheck "Hide Extensions for Known File Types."

Rename the file you downloaded to "cc generals cd2.bin" or whatever you want it to be/what the .cue corresponds to.

3. Games   -   #3
    thanks a lot for that....yeah but it turns out this one is messed up too, wont install past a certain movie file, which doesnt appear to be in the .cab....this sucks.

4. Games   -   #4
    Lick My Lovepump
    Originally posted by daveybabsy@10 January 2004 - 23:23
    thanks a lot for that....yeah but it turns out this one is messed up too, wont install past a certain movie file, which doesnt appear to be in the .cab....this sucks.
    Its ok. Don't delete it yet.

Download CDMage from one of these websites.
    It can scan CD images and fix corruption (like you have got).

http://cdmage.cjb.net/

5. Games   -   #5
    or k lite curuption fixer its in the links sig i think. but i foound CDmage is the best overall. but it only works for a .bin file. and i cant get to work on a .iso something abotu wrong number of somethings. ahh well.

6. Games   -   #6
    Lick My Lovepump
    Originally posted by peerzyboy@10 January 2004 - 23:43
    or k lite curuption fixer its in the links sig i think. but i foound CDmage is the best overall. but it only works for a .bin file. and i cant get to work on a .iso something abotu wrong number of somethings. ahh well.
    When you've clicked open file, you need to change the file type. Theres a load of different modes for bin's, iso's etc. You just need to find the right one and it'll work.

(oh yeah, you can't do some ISOs in it at all)

7. Games   -   #7
    yeah i herd some ISO's arwe wierd like that. well i only rly use bin's and cues cause i heard they are better in like quality and stuff. better storage way or some sh!t like that.

8. Games   -   #8
    thanks a lot....its still messed up though because it wont let me rename it because its apparently being used by another user/application..i thought virus maybe but i scanned it and nothing...and i cant find it i the task manager...i converted it to an iso, but theres noit much point in doing anything with it becasue cd mage wont check it even in .iso format something about boundary and sector length...this is so annoying, ive bin trying for ages heck i might just go buy it at this rate....!!

9. Games   -   #9
    has anyone else had this problem woth generals or am i the only one? also is it worth it? i just want to see how it compares with RA2 really.....