Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Overtime In The Usa

vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    U.S. Department of Labour has issued aguide that tells employers how to avoid paying workers overtime. ..source CCN

do you think this is what a government should be doing to the people that actually voted them in or do you think the government should be looking after the companies that paid for the campaign?

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    Double Agent
    avoid overtime pay?

sounds like a scam to me

i'd like to get paid if i put more hours into my work

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    Poster
    Originally posted by vidcc@7 January 2004 - 22:32
    U.S. Department of Labour has issued aguide that tells employers how to avoid paying workers overtime. ..source CCN

do you think this is what a government should be doing to the people that actually voted them in or do you think the government should be looking after the companies that paid for the campaign?
    rrrrrrrriiighhht..................... a link to this story would be nice, otherwise this post means nothing without proof to back it up.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    It's not surprising. Large companies already do that here - hiring two part-time people instead of one full-timer. All those pesky benefits get in the way.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    In my line of work, people who are paid by the hour have no incentive to work efficiently. At the end of the day, when work is not completed, they just ask for 2X pay for overtime and continue to work even slower.

It can be a scam either way.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    Originally posted by mustangchang+8 January 2004 - 04:08--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mustangchang @ 8 January 2004 - 04:08)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-vidcc@7 January 2004 - 22:32
    U.S. Department of Labour&nbsp; has issued aguide that tells employers how to avoid paying workers overtime. ..source CCN

rrrrrrrriiighhht..................... a link to this story would be nice, otherwise this post means nothing without proof to back it up. [/b][/quote]
    link to story
    sorry this was the best i can find as i saw the story on the TV not the internet...but it gives the gist

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    what line of work are you in Hobbes if it&#39;s not too personal a question...i want in .
    isn&#39;t that down to bad man management though

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    Originally posted by vidcc@8 January 2004 - 05:31
    what line of work are you in Hobbes if it&#39;s not too personal a question...i want in&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; .
    isn&#39;t that down to bad man management though
    These people are government employees and cannot be fired and I am in no position to change their salary. Even if I could, they would do the same slow pathetic job they are now doing, just collecting more basic pay and overtime pay.

Unless we are given the power to beat them, I see no relief in sight.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    Poster
    Originally posted by vidcc+7 January 2004 - 23:27--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (vidcc @ 7 January 2004 - 23:27)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by mustangchang@8 January 2004 - 04:08
    <!--QuoteBegin-vidcc
    @7 January 2004 - 22:32

rrrrrrrriiighhht..................... a link to this story would be nice, otherwise this post means nothing without proof to back it up.
    link to story
    sorry this was the best i can find as i saw the story on the TV not the internet...but it gives the gist [/b][/quote]
    hmmmm, ok thanks

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    Originally posted by vidcc@8 January 2004 - 03:32
    U.S. Department of Labour&nbsp; has issued aguide that tells employers how to avoid paying workers overtime. ..source CCN

In America corporations are owned by citizens "share holders" instead of being nationalized. When corporations have lower expenses "payroll" it makes larger profits that are paid in the form of dividends and increased market value of shares to share holders "Citizens".
    So yes I want the government to do that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast