Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910

Thread: The Real Pro-abortion Agenda

Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Alpha

Could you extend that grace to me also. I was quite unaware of the spelling that you provided.

Bj The purpose of reasoned debate is to highlight where there is a breakdown of logical reasoning. Simply saying someone is arguing in ignorance proves nothing. You must pose questions which the person you arguing with either counters or concedes a point. Through slow and reasoned debate one or the other will demonstrate the worth of their argument although in the process may modify their position also. There is currently far too much use of the words ridiculous, lies and silly on both sides for the discussion to go anywhere other than the respective trenches of the two positions.

Hobbes Thank you! that is all, just thank you!
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

2. The Drawing Room   -   #92
    Originally posted by Biggles@11 January 2004 - 06:26
    There is currently far too much use of the words ridiculous, lies and silly
    uh oh. i succombed to the contagion and used the word "silly" in my previous post. went back and changed it, with great embarrassment.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #93
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Originally posted by 3RA1N1AC+11 January 2004 - 15:06--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (3RA1N1AC @ 11 January 2004 - 15:06)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Biggles@11 January 2004 - 06:26
    There is currently far too much use of the words ridiculous, lies and silly
    uh oh. i succombed to the contagion and used the word "silly" in my previous post. went back and changed it, with great embarrassment. [/b][/quote]

I wasn&#39;t presuming to disallow the use of these words for all time - they have their merit in the right place.

Still, nevertheless, thanks.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

4. The Drawing Room   -   #94
    Poster
    Originally posted by Biggles@11 January 2004 - 15:26
    Alpha

Could you extend that grace to me also. I was quite unaware of the spelling that you provided.
    Apparently its a &#39;common error in English&#39;

http://www.wsu.edu:8080/~brians/errors/Ghandi.html
    http://www.wsu.edu:8080/~brians/erro...rs.html#errors

I did a google search and even found some sites on Mahatma &#39;Ganghi&#39;.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #95
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    1234-

Misogynist? I know plenty of women, and most of them know my views.

None of them would describe me thus.

[QUOTE]
    Then why not, for example, "George Bush and Mother Theresa? You hate her and the rest of the Catholic faith, anyway.

You are telling me what I am allowed to say? Tough. If you can&#39;t handle the company your views are held by, examine your views rather than attempting to censor me or anyone else.

Again you choose to willfully misinterpret my post, but alas, I am not surprised.

My views are arrived at after a careful digestion of the relevancies, not before.

There was nothing in my post that could be interpreted as censoring.

I merely objected to your over-the-top linkage of George Bush and the Taliban.

Now you attempt to link me to the Taliban, also.

I think you had better let the mods know of your conclusions.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

6. The Drawing Room   -   #96
    Poster
    How is it over the top? They hold the same views on the issue. Just because you are uncomfortable with that does not make it any less true.

This of course ignores all the other linkages between the Bush family and the Taliban, or should we go into those too? How about Cheney and the oil pipeline deals? I mean he is the real de facto prez anyway.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #97
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened

How is it over the top? They hold the same views on the issue. Just because you are uncomfortable with that does not make it any less true.

I have evidence you and Osama share a liking for a certain brand of toilet tissue.

I empathize with your resultant dilemma.

This of course ignores all the other linkages between the Bush family and the Taliban, or should we go into those too? How about Cheney and the oil pipeline deals? I mean he is the real de facto prez anyway.

Really?

I suppose you can prove it, too.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

8. The Drawing Room   -   #98
    Poster
    I have evidence you and Osama share a liking for a certain brand of toilet tissue.
    Is this evidence similar to the evidence of WMD in Iraq? They both appear to be based on a tissue of lies

I suppose you can prove it, too.
    Which part?

Bush family has links to Osama and the Taliban going back decades. Cheney attempted to sign a pipeline deal with the Taliban in 97, didn&#39;t work out so he invaded and put an ex oil man in charge whose first act was ... to sign a pipeline deal.

Now if you meant the comment about Cheney being the real prez, that&#39;s just more wishful thinking on my part. Imagine if that alcoholic, bible bashing draft dodger with a penchant for falling off Segways really was the one in charge. Scary huh?

Even scarier is that he makes Cheney look like a more attractive proposition. Now that is a feat of Dan Quayle proportions.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #99
    Originally posted by 1234@13 January 2004 - 03:56
    Imagine if that alcoholic, bible bashing draft dodger with a penchant for falling off Segways really was the one in charge. Scary huh?
    i wouldn&#39;t worry about george w. bush or dick cheney&#39;s personal opinions too much. a true politician is excluded from holding strong personal convictions, much less adhering to them.

to quote you-know-who:
    And this is an administration -- we&#39;re not into nation-building, we&#39;re focused on justice.&nbsp; And we&#39;re going to get justice.&nbsp; It&#39;s going to take a while, probably.&nbsp; But I&#39;m a patient man.&nbsp; Nothing will diminish my will and my determination -- nothing.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910