Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Banned Ip On Shadow...

OK I came across the isdn/dialup trick for shadow's client... I'm getting great dl speed now(100 d/l 3 u/l) . BUT I just noticed that in the advanced info section there is an IP that is banned. Why was he banned? Could it be due to "cheating", ie the isdn/dialup trick? If so, I should change my setting back to cable fast right?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    OK, I found the answer... nevermind

still new to this

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    jetje's Avatar former star
    you won't get banned as long as you seed afterwards..! if you don't... stats on trackers can be followed...

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    thanks for the info... I will definitely keep it open when I'm done.

..just curious... a) what person looks at the stats on trackers? B) what can they do about it if I just leech?

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    well the site phoenixtorrents take leeching very serious and will keep n eye on how many people have downloaded the torrent file from there site and how many r seeding the file after it is done. And they have a list that is continually updated called the hit & run list and them peeps who r caught leeching r put on there and banned from the site

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Whats the isdn/dialup trick for shadow's client?

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Monkeee's Avatar Post Whore
    Originally posted by p2pmaster@6 January 2004 - 17:13
    well the site phoenixtorrents take leeching very serious and will keep n eye on how many people have downloaded the torrent file from there site and how many r seeding the file after it is done. And they have a list that is continually updated called the hit & run list and them peeps who r caught leeching r put on there and banned from the site
    from the site................... right...................?

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Originally posted by Monkeee+8 January 2004 - 01:42--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Monkeee @ 8 January 2004 - 01:42)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-p2pmaster@6 January 2004 - 17:13
    from the site................... right...................? [/b][/quote]
    from the tracker as well i imagine.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Originally posted by p2pmaster@6 January 2004 - 17:13
    ban ban ban all day long its useless if persone is using anymoous proxy servers evil people that like to cheat use them all the time in game servers
    I am Member No. : 193 &lt;--- yes there was a time when that was a lot

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    ZaZu's Avatar I know stuff ...
    Originally posted by monkeyman1@7 January 2004 - 10:19
    Whats the isdn/dialup trick for shadow&#39;s client?
    Setting your client to isdn/dial-up, the problem is your uploading at a much slower speed than you would if you set your client to the proper setting, so you are going to be on the torrent longer after your download has completed than you might otherwise be,unless of course your a f***ing hit and run leecher

If you attack the establishment long enough and hard enough, they will make you a member of it.
    -- Art Buchwald --

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast