Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fake Files

Poster
    I downloaded splinter cell for pc, full version supposedly..and with a file size of over 700 MB. When my download finished..guess what it was? a ms-dos executable

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    Ron's Avatar Poster
    Hey, why don't you use the verifieds on this forum?
    And if there's something you need, just post it in the proper room. If someone has it, he'll post a hash.

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    Poster
    Use sigs from the Verifieds sections. They will be what they say they are. That is the point. If anything isn't what it claims to be then let people know, by posting in the thread. I have never seen it happen.

To use a Quicklink. They are blue and underlined. Just make sure K-lite is running and click on the link the download will start automatically. Most people use these now and it is the easiest method. Look in the verifieds and you will see loads.

To use the hashes. They just look like 3 lines of text. Highlight the whole 3 lines and copy to the clipboard (ctl + c). Then open sig2dat and paste from clipboard, option at top. Re-start K-*lite and the download will start. Remember you will have to wait a wee while before you see a lot happening.

Good Luck

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    Why can't the CIA round up all the fake file sharers, dress them in red boiler suits and ship them and their fake files off to Cuba. See how they'd like that.

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    We should have a disscussion room for fakes where ppl can post them when they download fakes. You can rename the file so no-one downloads it from you or write a word file and put it in your shared folder telling others

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    Whenever I've came across a fake file, or one which contains corrupt data, instead of deleting it I've been changing the file information to include things like "THIS IS A FAKE" or "DO NOT DOWNLOAD THIS". If everyone did this everytime they came across a fake, although it wouldnt completely slove the problem, it would certainly make it less annoying.

Ciao

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    jetje's Avatar former star
    Always try the find more a few times check the + sign in front (if your lucky enough to get that +) if so there is alway a nice person who renames the faked one to the correct name. You see different names in the list than just forget it. B)

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    Or you can report it to us and we will block it. Included in the program is a fakes reporting system.

Peerbuddy for Kazaa A P2P Firewall/Quality Filter Beta block list now at 2,200,000 IP’s blocked.

The block list has been updated and now currently blocks over 2,200,000 IP addresses. New additions to the list are being found daily. Beta users will get an email with an update link. New beta users are encouraged to join at http://www.isopleth.com/peerbuddy.htm . No Ad-ware, Spy-ware or viruses.

PeerBuddy is a mini firewall for P2P (Kazaa, EMule, etc). The program filters out the IP addresses of people who share blank, or faked files and it prevents you from wasting your time downloading those bad files. This will help with your downloads since a number of organizations and individuals are sharing bad and blank files out there. It is also going to be blocking known email miners, stalkers, spammers and surveillance companies.

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    Ron's Avatar Poster
    Errm, IMHO that will eventually kill this community, Alex.
    Suppose I d/l a movie, but get the wrong one.
    While I'm watching the fake, people start d/L from me.
    My IP gets on the blacklist, and nobody with your program will ever get anything from me again. Not even the good ones......
    EVERYBODY has a fake on his PC now and then, unless you only use the verifieds, which I think not too many people do.
    Secondly, what about dynamic IP's?
    I share a fake, my current IP gets blocked. I disconnect, come back on with another IP, and continue to share.
    After a few days, a whole set of IP's is blocked.
    People who get my previous IP won't be able to share either.
    This will have an avalanche effect.
    Just look at the numbers. You're still in beta, and have blocked 2.200.000 IP's already?
    My God, your users won't be able to d/l a thing pretty soon......
    Good luck with your program, but not really....

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    Poster
    I use the links section of this site now, and have no troubles with any of the links(fast track)...except Verified Downloads . I don't get it. When ever I click a file (at other sites, sig2dat would pop up catch the hash then shut down) I'm sent back to the main page. Is there a login/account I must use?(didn't see any) I have read the instructions. Tried to catch a link/hash with kazaa running/not running, running then reboot kazaa, still can't get it to work. I only point I could see to this site is "pennies for pop-ups" with their advertisment .

Has/does anyone use Verifieddownloads.com ? if so,...how!?!

I just want to know because there is "tons" of files "posted"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12