Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Winxp Corporate Setup

Poster
    I keep getting these "Cannot copy file" errors everytime i try to install WinXp...I've d/l 2 different version of win Xp and both of them have these errors...plz help!

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    That used to happen to me, it was a damaged CD rom drive, is you CD rom Drive ok?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    actually, i've never had any problem with my CD-Drive until now. Is there an online test or something where i can make sure its ok?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    I just tried installing with another drive and it went ok, i dont know what other way of knowing if the CD rom drive is fine...

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    would exacting the files from the iso onto my hard drive work instead of installing from CD-Rom?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Have a look for a program called "CDmage"...its freeware and it checks Iso's for corruption as well as repairs them if it isnt too badly damaged..If you downloaded this(winXP) through kazaa then theres a high possibility that the iso is corrupt as kazaa only checks the hash calculation once which is pretty poor in this day and age...

kazaa isnt good for anything but single mp3's nowdays...theres a heap better P2P programs around than kazaa

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster
    i d/l 2 different copies, 1 off BT and the other off Kazaa...and they both gave me the same annoying result! So i don't think it was corrupt, but I'll check anyway.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster
    well, i checked them, but there fine, so they aren't corrupt

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Well then...Id say ya best bet is to try reburning it with your cd-Burner at its slowest speed..
    You can install it off your existing hard drive easily enough..but if your doing an upgrade its easy as to install it off the hard drive, just make sure you havent changed the default boot screen or logon screen that XP ships with otherwise youll get "cannot copy errors"

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Poster
    i reburned it a slowest rate, and the same problem happened again!

How would i go about it installing it off my hard drive...can I use WinISO to extract the files? and will setup work fine?

And i have never changed my logon or start up screens.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast