Thread: File Preview

maxtor
    When i'm checking downloads on kazza i use avi preview.....now i'm just starting to use e mule and i'm having trouble previewing downloads...can anybody help me (please keep in mind that i'm totally new to e mule)

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Joakim Agren's Avatar Superman loves P2P
    Hello!

Use VideoLan Client for that:

http://www.videolan.org

It is best player to preview all sorts of incompletes but it is not the best player for those files that work in Avi Preview which is most of the files that I download. VLC has terrible playback control and is unintuitive. But you need it as most people do for those problem files!

Sincerely Joakim Agren!

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    get the new version (070) as it supports previewing without having to download a seperate plugin

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Joakim Agren's Avatar Superman loves P2P
    Hello!

I am using version 0.6.2 and do not need any plug in to preview files!.

Sincerely Joakim Agren!

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Thats cause you havent come across a file it wont play yet without the plugin.....
    Dont worry you download enough movies and you will
    Theres a link for the plugin if anyone wants it on the eMule FAQ's page

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    maxtor
    I do try to preview using videolan 0.7.0 , but with no luck. It will only play complete files and not the partials I would like to have a look at. Any more advice?

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    If your using version 070 you need to delete the preferences file.Once thats deleted then youll be able to preview incomplete files..
    This technique is well documented on the VideoLAN.Org forum

This is where its located:
    C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR USER NAME HERE\Application Data\vlc

Youll need to have "show hidden files & folders " enabled to be able to get there

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Question on installing videolan ... Do I need to install this into the emule temp folder or just let it install anywhere it wants ???

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Question on installing videolan ... Do I need to install this into the emule temp folder or just let it install anywhere it wants ???

Double post sorry