Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shareaza

[i]Originally posted by uNz@8 January 2004 - 18:42
    I agree, they took it way too far.

The idea of it was to encourage folks to share as much as possible and get rid of the leachers. But in the real world, all it did was create massive queues.

I think that if it was a global PL, things would better by a long shot.
    how long has the shit been out anyways

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    uNz[i]'s Avatar Out of order
    Don't know. Probably wouldn't be too hard to find out though.
    Try asking the folks in eDonkey/eMule World.

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    Hehe, it aint is it. But Shareaza has more networks so if you find a fake on one network use another and you'll probs find the right file.

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    Old Fella
    I don't think it's any slower. I am getting up to same speeds as with KL.

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    Originally posted by aserty+8 January 2004 - 17:28--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (aserty @ 8 January 2004 - 17:28)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by junkyardking@8 January 2004 - 06:58
    <!--QuoteBegin-aserty
    @7 January 2004 - 05:20
    Also in Shareaza PL matters,

As far as i know it dont have a credit system, and it doesnt support emules either?
    Shareaza has features that are unheard of in other file-sharing applications, from ghost ratings...
    And it does support ED2K. [/b][/quote]
    Ghost ratings have nothing to do with a credit system, there a way of rating files when you delete them.

For instance when you delete a file in shareaza it askes you to make a comment and give it a rating out of five stars, this generates a ghost file so when some one searches for the file your "review" will come up but you wont have the actual file anymore

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    Jonne's Avatar Poster
    yep, it&#39;s a great weapon against fakes...

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    aserty's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by junkyardking+9 January 2004 - 11:23--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (junkyardking @ 9 January 2004 - 11:23)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by aserty@8 January 2004 - 17:28
    Originally posted by junkyardking@8 January 2004 - 06:58
    <!--QuoteBegin-aserty
    @7 January 2004 - 05:20
    Also in Shareaza PL matters,

As far as i know it dont have a credit system, and it doesnt support emules either?

Shareaza has features that are unheard of in other file-sharing applications, from ghost ratings...
    And it does support ED2K.
    Ghost ratings have nothing to do with a credit system, there a way of rating files when you delete them.

For instance when you delete a file in shareaza it askes you to make a comment and give it a rating out of five stars, this generates a ghost file so when some one searches for the file your "review" will come up but you wont have the actual file anymore [/b][/quote]
    Thanks for clarifying that for me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12