Thread: Wireless Router (g) & Wireless Pcmcia Card

Hi all,
    I am looking in to buy a Wireless Router (G) to convert a network to wireless. They all seem to be quite expensive. All of the one's I found were about $99 at CircuitCity. I got a Router (B) for 29.99 after rebates. But I am going for (G) for the range and speed.

I would appreciate any recommendations of what kind of router I should get or if you all could find any cheaper one's.

(I am in US)

Thanks in advance,
    I.am
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    _John_Lennon_'s Avatar Poster
    Do you live in a populated area?

What kind of phones do you have in your house?

What is your house made out of? Like what kind of house.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    No I am not in a populated area. Its a small town where the wireless network will be installed.

Do phones really interfere with the radio waves? Well mostly cordless phones. But I doubt if it matters significantly.

And I am in US as I said, so like most houses, made of wood.

But the questions are only making me laugh more. Dont mind it, i might be drunk
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    yes fones can interpher, so if u get a 2.4ghz router and ur fone is 2.4ghz it might mess up

speed, its not like ur speed from ur router to laptop is gonna slow ur downloads, its based on HOW FAST FILES TRANSFER FROM ONE COMPUTER TO ANOTHER...so a 100isnt going to be faster than 10

range, it depends on were u put the router, like in the basement ur not gonna get much....

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Anyone, suggestions?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    buy a D-Link (g), i have one of thos and i get really good signal, all over the house, from basement to the 2nd floor

http://www.dlink.com/products/?pid=6

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Thanks for replying Cygnuz-Y, I had that in mind but all of them are about &#036;100. Have you come across any deals less than that?