Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Internet Explorer Is Shit

shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Any one of thoose will do.

You could change your browser like you change clothes.

You may get tired of using the same one all the time. Eventhough on linux I use one browser ONLY and thats mozilla firebird.

When it comes to windows I guess you can sort of have your pick.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Drogon1
    I used firebird ,IE relly shit always pop up unwanted advertisement !

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Poster
    myie2 do i install the lite version? or combo version? it dose't come with ads dose it???

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Spybot Search & Destroy and Webroots Spysweeper found 27 registry entries, but nothing major and that was after installing MyIE2

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Poster
    Originally posted by I.am@7 January 2004 - 06:39
    being a webdeveloper/programmer myself I prefer MYIE2 being built on IE's rendering engine.
    That's a disgraceful stance...

Code to standards, not a browser. While IE6 is a vast improvement, it still does some really annoying rendering. It's support for the PNG image format blows, and its support for CSS is very lacking compared to just about every other modern browser.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Originally posted by Cl1mh4224rd+7 January 2004 - 06:06--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Cl1mh4224rd @ 7 January 2004 - 06:06)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-I.am@7 January 2004 - 06:39
    being a webdeveloper/programmer myself I prefer MYIE2 being built on IE&#39;s rendering engine.
    That&#39;s a disgraceful stance...

Code to standards, not a browser. While IE6 is a vast improvement, it still does some really annoying rendering. It&#39;s support for the PNG image format blows, and its support for CSS is very lacking compared to just about every other modern browser. [/b][/quote]
    You didn&#39;t understand the point or you are obviously new to this field. I don&#39;t write codes specific to IE, obviously we generally write platform independent and browser independent and if possible use alternate code for netscape and IE after detecting.

What I meant was, most people design their websites for IE. Who said IE has a great rendering engine, but a decent one. I know the problems about PNG support so we use alternate format. If the browser doesnt support CSS its alternate is done. You missed the point&#33;
    Most people who make their personal websitesor many commercial dont bother too make browser independent. For that very reason I use MyIE2.

Hope things are clearer now,
    I.am
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    internet.news
    Originally posted by ripley02@7 January 2004 - 05:10
    can ya&#39;ll help me recommend a good browser option other than IE. thanks1
    For long time I used Opera 5.11.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    Install MyIE2 combo. It includes all the plug-ins and you can CHOOSE to install them or not. As for spyware, the UCMORE plug-in is spyware. DONT INSTALL IT. It&#39;s useless, but some of the other plug-ins are very useful. I get no spyware coming from ANY of the other plug-ins. About AI Roboform... I woudn&#39;t use it. Don&#39;t know about it, but I don&#39;t need a program filling out forms for me....

-- Xero Grid --
    <span style='color:green'>Supertrick XG Forums</span> | Supertrick XG - Your solution to ads, pop-ups, malicious code, and the rest of the garbage just floating around the web.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    Opera all the way.
    You just need time to get used to it.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    sparsely's Avatar °¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°
    aww shucks, I&#39;m gonna try em all&#33;

this post is guaranteed 100% parrot-free

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast