Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I Love The French ....

abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    Originally posted by Spider_dude+7 January 2004 - 22:22--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Spider_dude @ 7 January 2004 - 22:22)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by abu_has_the_power@8 January 2004 - 02:58
    Originally posted by Spider_dude@7 January 2004 - 21:22
    Originally posted by abu_has_the_power@8 January 2004 - 02:02
    <!--QuoteBegin-TheCanuk
    @7 January 2004 - 20:02
    i hate french, im dropping it as soon as exams r over

french is awesome&#33; stfu&#33; tu es tres stupid et (fucked up)&#33; lol

ârrète de parler, merdre de tête&#33;

wat does merdre mean? btw, i&#39;m not french. i&#39;m a canadian high school dude who doesn&#39;t know enough of the language to engage in a verbal battle with u. sory
    i said what you saying shit for brains?. [/b][/quote]
    ârrète de parler
    means stop talking

2. Lounge   -   #12
    Keikan's Avatar ........
    Originally posted by TheCanuk@7 January 2004 - 18:02
    i hate french, im dropping it as soon as exams r over
    no one in canada likes french
    Ohh noo!!! I make dribbles!!!

3. Lounge   -   #13
    just for the record Afro Cop is confused and doesnt understand french now if it was german...

but hope u do well TR

4. Lounge   -   #14
    TRshady
    Thanks for the replies people, just to let ya know im off to school now so please no one go ahead and re-write it all for me ... , doubt someone would but hey, there was a chance I guess.

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Spider_dude's Avatar cawk BT Rep: +4
    Originally posted by TRshady@8 January 2004 - 08:52
    Thanks for the replies people, just to let ya know im off to school now so please no one go ahead and re-write it all for me ... , doubt someone would but hey, there was a chance I guess.
    i gave you a perfectly good spelling correction. god dammnit use it.

6. Lounge   -   #16
    Gemby!'s Avatar Poster
    thanks - that will do for my french oral exam later this year &#33;

*yoink*

Single handedly destroying the NHS from the inside

7. Lounge   -   #17
    Le mariage était mes tantes et les oncles
    I know you&#39;ve already handed it in now, but I just thought I&#39;d tell you this incase it&#39;s useful for the future.
    In French you cannot use an S at the end of a word to create the possessive form. Instead of saying, "The wedding was my Aunts and my Uncles" you would have to say, "It was the wedding of my Aunt and Uncle." (C&#39;etait le mariage de ma tante et mon oncle - with the accent above the e on C&#39;etait.)

More examples - instead of saying "Ma soeurs chambre" (My sister&#39;s bedroom) you would have to say "La chambre de ma soeur" (The bedroom of my sister).

I know it seems strange, but you will get used to it after a while - I have taught myself to think like that automatically when I am doing a French essay.

Good luck&#33;

8. Lounge   -   #18
    Double Agent
    translated, google

French Coursework - a celebration of family Hello my name is riley Tony, I am 14 years old and here I will speak about a celebration of family. The marriage was my aunts and the uncles and the event took place last year during the summer. It was large that all my family turned upwards, which I had not seen during a very long time, I even saw the cousins who tropics of I never nonfront seen in my life. The marriage took a good moment to start because of much the family turning to the top late and obviously we did not want to begin without them the family which it information. The real marriage began the morning early because we knew that the remainder of the family would be their the later and thus waiting would be a waste of time. Before they really put the rings above or exchanged wishes that we all we are held to the top and sang some songs, the traditional old men of church whom I found very tedious as my brother by which went to sleep halfway thus I had to push it as not with seeming disrespectful. Only it was useful having a book lira new words I for one of the songs thus of them of although I even found that hard to employ because the majority of the songs seem noise right and you peus not to make the real words outside. [ COLOR=red]Après that the songs finished us all took our seats while my aunt and uncle took final measurements to finally legally become mariés.[/Color=red ] once that this session was surplus which I cannot exactly remember which next but not little after we involved a reduction with the reception which was very snob and was at the beginning installed like a restaurant. I expected that food is very good but unfortunately I did not like of it as the majority of food which I had not even tasted before in my life. Food was mainly vegetables and was mainly dishes with potatoes and other foods which I did not even identify but not thought to test this special occasion. With recognition however, the desert was much tastier and I really appreciated it, is a shame that they however give you such small basins with the form because I would have appreciated much more. But I was younger than and supposes that I could though if I had the chance. I do not remember much about the arrangement of the restaurant but recalls me that it was very modern and clean which gave a nice atmosphere however the weather was rather nice in any event with each one causing far. There of us all naps gone to a large hall where a DJ was installed with all the lights, a large dresser and the remainder of the family which were now ready with the part far the night. I do not have pleasure really to dance, because I go to usually to seem it idiotic but it was a special occasion thus I thought that I would take part and had really the great recreation. I was astonished which of the family I had not even met before but I would be very happy I. I finished meeting some large people who were friends of family and some that I see always now. After the part which finished very early the morning, made us our manner with our cars and while some went to the house, others went to a close relation by the hotel where we remained for the night. My mom, dad, sister and brother remained in the room of hotel with me and although I would not have felt also comfortable like made I when the house postpones it was enthralling and it was funny how me and my brother continued to go to the bar and to obtain free drinks without knowing they were charged with the invoice and the morning my dad was not happy. In a general way the celebration was long and tiring but I really have it

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12