Thread: Is There Any Way To Optimize My Dsl?

Monkeee's Avatar Post Whore
    Is there any way to Optimize my DSL? Myn goes pretty slow.......

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    none of the programs promising to accel you dsl speed connection really work. Some just store pages on your hard disk for faster viewing. otherwise, imo there is not noticable difference.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by Monkeee@7 January 2004 - 19:38
    hey there

I dont know but if you find a way to, be sure you post your ideas for all to see and use.

I have just recently switched to dsl from cable.

I have my own private wan through my father's company and it just so happens that when I moved off campus and into my own home, that my dad built for me as a christmas gift, Ha The subdivision is practically next door ( a block or 2) from the data center.

I get speeds of 2 to 3 megs a second

And n the terms of the agreement it clearly stipulates that maximum speeds are for certain in accordance with how close you are from your nearest data center.

Im running ethereal on linux with my Alienware MJ - 12 and Ive been checking out the speeds on my wireless lan and the speeds are phenomenal!

Optimize what i have?

My connection would be hideously insane with that.........

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Monkeee's Avatar Post Whore
    Originally posted by shn+8 January 2004 - 02:55--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (shn @ 8 January 2004 - 02:55)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Monkeee@7 January 2004 - 19:38
    hey there

I dont know but if you find a way to, be sure you post your ideas for all to see and use.

I have my own private wan through my father&#39;s company and it just so happens that when I moved off campus and into my own home, that my dad built for me as a christmas gift, Ha The subdivision is practically next door ( a block or 2) from the data center.

And n the terms of the agreement it clearly stipulates that maximum speeds are for certain in accordance with how close you are from your nearest data center.

Im running ethereal on linux with my Alienware MJ - 12 and Ive been checking out the speeds on my wireless lan and the speeds are phenomenal&#33;

Optimize what i have?

My connection would be hideously insane with that......... [/b][/quote]
    wtf you didn&#39;t even help me at all... al you did i just show off............

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    I havent seen a program that really works... Just get cable.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by Monkeee+7 January 2004 - 21:25--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Monkeee &#064; 7 January 2004 - 21:25)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by shn@8 January 2004 - 02:55
    <!--QuoteBegin-Monkeee
    @7 January 2004 - 19:38
    Is there any way to Optimize my DSL? Myn goes pretty slow.......&nbsp;

hey there

I have my own private wan through my father&#39;s company and it just so happens that when I moved off campus and into my own home, that my dad built for me as a christmas gift, Ha The subdivision is practically next door ( a block or 2) from the data center.

Im running ethereal on linux with my Alienware MJ - 12 and Ive been checking out the speeds on my wireless lan and the speeds are phenomenal&#33;

Optimize what i have?

wtf you didn&#39;t even help me at all... al you did i just show off............ [/b][/quote]
    muhahaha......

Sorry I could not be of much help............. but like I said If you find any ways of optimizing a dsl connection, I would appreciate if you would share that with the rest of us.

Ill see what I can find out as well.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    TCP Optimizer
    This bad boy works&#33; It&#39;s a self-contained executeable (no installation).
    What it does it allow you to adjust registry settings without doing it manually, and you can make a backup just in case, but you have to restart for the changes to take effect.

-- Xero Grid --
    <span style='color:green'>Supertrick XG Forums</span> | Supertrick XG - Your solution to ads, pop-ups, malicious code, and the rest of the garbage just floating around the web.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Izagaia's Avatar Her angel of darkness
    Beyond midnight, near you, in darkness...
    Originally posted by Monkeee+7 January 2004 - 22:25--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Monkeee &#064; 7 January 2004 - 22:25)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by shn@8 January 2004 - 02:55
    <!--QuoteBegin-Monkeee
    @7 January 2004 - 19:38

hey there

Optimize what i have?

wtf you didn&#39;t even help me at all... al you did i just show off............ [/b][/quote]
    If my DSL connection was as great as her&#39;s and set that high, I would brag the hell out of it too.

My plan is set at 1.5meg with 128k downloads. My lan connects to a computer roughly 100miles south of my locale. The set-up for it on my end is even easier than configuring dial-up (PPPoE).

If anything at all so far as improving the speed, what is it exactly that is running slow- the time it takes to travel from url-to-url, time it takes pages to load? DSL is like any other connection so far as being regulated by your ISP. You have the connection speed which is the type and quality of service you are paying for and then you have other aspects which can only be controlled by the ISP&#39;s techies such as the sync rate through your lines. The actual bandwidth that your home and surrounding area can handle including your LAN connection my also play an important role. Even then, regarding your home, you may have something there that is interfering with your potential speed.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    As has been suggested, get DrTCP, then check out this page:-

http://www.pengbo.dsl.pipex.com/ppages/tweaks.shtml

You don&#39;t mention what speeds you&#39;re currently getting. My speeds when i first got adsl were around 290 kbps, that is until i tweaked my MTU and now run at 480

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    are you connecting thru PPPOE. then try using RASPPPOE it the best pppoe driver out there

Although there are several other PPPoE implementations for Windows, this one still has its unmatched strong points:

- Seamless integration into the operating system. This protocol makes Ethernet network adapters appear as "modems", allowing PPPoE to be easily used within the standard Dial-Up Networking framework.

- Compatibility: This protocol supports Internet Connection Sharing (including on-demand dialing), power management (Standby and Hibernate) as well as multiprocessor systems.

- Completeness: This protocol can not only act as a PPPoE Host (client), but also as an Access Concentrator (server), fully implementing RFC 2516.
    Compactness: The complete protocol is less than 250 KB. Yet no concessions were made in the implementation.