Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Musix That Should Be In Silent Hill

Arm's Avatar Poster
    Songs that sound like they could be in the soundtrack for some Silent Hill or songs that would fit the whole dark nature thing well. Know anything?

Slayer - Seasons in the Abyss What a kickass opening song this would be.
    Slayer - Posessed/Raining Blood Another kickass song to start off Silent Hill.
    Anything from the Opeth album "Damnation" B) It would fit Silent Hill 2 really well.

Anything else?

2. Music   -   #2
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    You mean the game???

3. Music   -   #3
    elcucuy1234
    no, they're making a movie out of it. really.
    i mean, i hope they really do.

4. Music   -   #4
    Poster
    do you know what game(s) it will be based on
    PLEASE help me get my Free IPOD! my brother got his 4 days ago and i need help with referrals. the screensavers just aired a story and it works. Just use my referral link and i suggest the 2 week blockbuster trial. you won't owe anything! http://www.freeiPods.com/default.aspx?referer=10154369

5. Music   -   #5
    Arm's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Adster@9 January 2004 - 03:21
    You mean the game???
    Yes. Something that sounds dark and fucked up like the game Silent Hill.

6. Music   -   #6
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    Originally posted by elcucuy1234@8 January 2004 - 19:24
    no, they're making a movie out of it. really.
    i mean, i hope they really do.
    Silent Hill (2005)

7. Music   -   #7
    Honestly, the Silent Hill games are among my favorite games of all time, so it is inevitable that Hollywood will ruin Konami's vision by making a terrible movie based on one of the most disturbing series of games ever. As far as what music should go into the movie; in the perfect world the producer of the game's music should create the soundtrack, as the game's soundtrack has some of the most eerie and unsettling scores ever. In reality, expect some crappy teenie-bopper flavor-of-the-day wanna-be metal bands that have never even heard of the series to make stupid music for this flick.
    House of the Dead was one of the most stupid and time-wasting movies I have ever had the displeasure of witnessing, and Resident Evil had absolutely none of the feel of the games, (though I am loath to admit that it was an "ok" movie compaired to the rest of the modern piles of crap Hollywood tries to pawn off as real horror.)
    On the plus side though, IGN has an article that tells of how Konami is hard at work on Silent Hill 4 for the XBox, so at least there still is something to look forward to in the future concerning Silent Hill.

8. Music   -   #8
    I don't think slayer would suit Silent Hill

9. Music   -   #9
    Arm's Avatar Poster
    A couple of opinions about rottenchilds post.

1) The Hollywood movie Jacobs Ladder heavivly inspired Silent Hill so Hollywood aint all bad.

2) Whoever did the music on Silent Hill 1 did a good job. Otherwise the music didn't create much tension. It did set other moods in though.

3) I hope your talking about shit like Evanescence and not my music. My music is NOT teenybopper music!

4) You know that rock song in the intro of Silent Hill 3 thats what I was thinking for a opening song. Instead of some rock song with crappy lyrics have some dark metal song about death and dark fantasy that suits Silent Hills theme better. B)

5) And no Slayer wouldn't suit Silent Hill Cloud outside of maybe that little introduction video but Seasons in the Abyss is a pretty show song and Raining Blood has that kickass rain and drum effects that would be a perfect sound for the realty changes that occur in Silent Hill.

10. Music   -   #10
    Hey Arm, no, I meant absolutly no disrespect at all to Slayer or Opeth. Slayer are among the founding-fathers of the real metal music, and Opeth are among one of my favorite bands, (along with old Napalm Death, Morbid Angel, Samael, Incantation, and the like.) By "teenybopper flavor-of-the-day music" I mean those bands who try so hard to sound angry, then break into a gay-ass rap, and no one in the band is over seventeen years of age, (or at least they appear to still be in high-shcool.) These teenybopper bands claim to have their own hardcore and misunderstood image brought on by a life of suffering and bad fate, when in reality, these snot-nosed little suburban spoiled shits all try as hard as they can to sound exactly the same, (because they have stumbled upon a fluke formula that somehow appeals to the trendy wanna-be "harcore" kids in jr. high school.) What gets me the most about these bands are that they pay absolutely no acknowledgment to the real metal bands with the real talent who's image they are trying to steal. Lincoln Park and all of its clones are who I was trying to insult.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast