Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Best Cd-writer To Bypass Game Protections.

I currently have a 8X4X32X HP cd-writer. This writer doesnt come with burnproof/justlink features and cant bypass any cd-protections. I have some games I wish to copy and know k++ users are smarter than the average person when it comes to pc's.

What cd-writer would u reccommend that can defeat the latest game/cd protections? I know there r other users who may want this info also.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Benno's Avatar Poster
    I have a Lite-on 52x24x52 and it works great for me.

To copy games I would recommend you download clonecd. In combination with ClonyXXL it should get over every copy-protection.

I hope this was helpfull in any way.

You Better Keep In Mind That I Can Read Between The Lines

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to there level and beat you with experience!!

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Originally posted by abraham1812@27 February 2003 - 14:59
    I currently have a 8X4X32X HP cd-writer. This writer doesnt come with burnproof/justlink features and cant bypass any cd-protections. I have some games I wish to copy and know k++ users are smarter than the average person when it comes to pc's.

What cd-writer would u reccommend that can defeat the latest game/cd protections? I know there r other users who may want this info also.
    its not the cd burnner that stops you from bypassing cd-protections its the program it uses,you can download many progys that will work with your burner (alcohol,cdclone)are very good at defeating cd protections B)

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Check out LG at: http://www.lgeus.com/Product/CD/cdrom_main.asp

I have both a Plextor and an LG. Both work perfectly but the Plextor was super expensive.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Im currently using Nero 5.5.9 and rarely use Clone Cd , my writer doesnt support its features. But I hear good things about Alcohol software. Im leaning toward a Lite-on, I see online that their cheaper than Plextor's products.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    I think lite=on makes the best value in QUALITY cd/dvd drives/writers PERIOD

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster
    To tell you the truth i think ACER is superior to LITEOFF

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    I agree, Acer makes some of the best damn drives on the market. I have yet to find something that I can't copy with this drive.--

Jibbler
    Proud member of MDS

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    I just built a new pc. my first build out. I have a gl. but deoes the drive really make a big difference or is it the driver behind it.

Just curious. I have a Lite on and a new 52x combo that rocks with speed.

Waiting for the dvd wrtrs to get cheaper. Hp has a nicccceee one for $375.00

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Originally posted by WebCheF@28 February 2003 - 06:10
    I just built a new pc.  my first build out.  I have a gl.  but deoes the drive really make a big difference or is it the driver behind it.

Just curious. I have a Lite on and a new 52x combo that rocks with speed.

Waiting for the dvd wrtrs to get cheaper.  Hp has a nicccceee one for $375.00
    I've had an old LG (4x4x32) for a few years, in coordination with NERO. I always copy the contents of a CD to my hard drive first, manually, not using NERO and have never had any problems with copy protection.

I find it better to rip a music cd to hdd as well before you burn it, you've got a chance of fixing possible errors then.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast