Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Downloaded 1.2 Gb But Uploaded 3.9 Gb...

ok i admit im an extreme bit torrent newb here....

i understand the whole idea is get rid of the leechers...
    but should i have to upload more than 3 times the file size??

I have a smokin fast cable connection and I still cant get any kind of speed. My uploads have been avg around 12K while the downloads are lucky to get to 6k

Any suggestions greatly appreciated!!!

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    dont like it then get a shadows client
    http://home.elp.rr.com/tur/
    set to dial uo isdn and it should go ffaster

just make sure that when you finish the dl to keep it open for a while so that others can get it too
    I am Member No. : 193 <--- yes there was a time when that was a lot

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Hi,

It good to seed at least twice the amount that you downloaded, however, I on the same file, can upload 5times more then what ive downloaded, but that is due to me not being home and my pc running, I home for about 9hours a day, to sleep, shower, and the net,

if it just happen liked that, its ok, but it is not necessary, unless you are the only seed,
    <span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:blue'>VEGASGUY</span></span>

CLICK HERE FOR INFO ON PRIVATE BT TRACKER&#33;

<span style='color:red'>Proud Fasttracker member</span>

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Poster
    *deleted post*
    Last edited by Mobas; 07-15-2006 at 01:14 AM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Yesterday I uploaded 5,5 GB of a 550 MB file.
    Share the Files&#33;&#33;&#33;
    Can't remember a movie's name? Ask help at MovieWorld's Lost & Found

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    You can download if people don&#39;t upload&#33; Just think about it... the only reason you can ever get a file is because someone has the same setup. Bit Torrent is meant to keep sharing up, so DL speed is proportional to UL speed. Keep your windows open. Someone had to do it for you to get the file in the first place.

-- Xero Grid --
    <span style='color:green'>Supertrick XG Forums</span> | Supertrick XG - Your solution to ads, pop-ups, malicious code, and the rest of the garbage just floating around the web.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    The highest share ratio I reached before I got the file was 13.85 when I got Gangster No.1 a while back . The seed stopped for around 281 peers when were at 87% and did not come back for a couple of days. Total nightmare. M

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    The Reverand's Avatar www.gamufi.com
    Dude, don&#39;t close the box just because you&#39;ve uploaded more than you&#39;ve downloaded... the guy you were uploading to wasn&#39;t leeching, he was just getting his file like you were. I always upload more than I download, but I know for every MB I upload that person has also uploaded. It&#39;s what keeps the system running. Of course once you&#39;ve uploaded at least double what you&#39;ve downloaded then it&#39;s fair to close. But don&#39;t close it straight away, or you&#39;ll be the leecher.
    www.gamufi.com/forums
    www.getfirefox.com
    www.outfoxed.com
    4MB/384

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Originally posted by Mobas@9 January 2004 - 11:24
    Oh well, I just ain&#39;t going to leave my window open when I&#39;m done. I think I&#39;ve done more then my fare share.
    leech alert&#33;&#33;
    We got a leech amongst us..kick his ass to the curb

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Poster
    *deleted post*
    Last edited by Mobas; 07-15-2006 at 01:16 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast