Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ati's Tv Out Is Shit!

Stupify
    X-bit Guru

yup gotta set things in the Display Settings. he might also have to fiddle with Primary and Secondary display if he wants to go full screen for the tv, ie he will have to set the tv as the primary display and monitor as secondary. again just go thru the display settings carefully and thoroughly.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    did you go to settings -> advanced -> displays

and click the red button above the tv icon (at which point the red button turns green), to turn it on?

you may be having a completely legit problem with the cables or drivers, but ATI's tv-out is definitely not shit. when you get it to work, the display quality is very respectable.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    Originally posted by 3RA1N1AC@9 January 2004 - 01:28
    did you go to settings -> advanced -> displays

and click the red button above the tv icon (at which point the red button turns green), to turn it on?

you may be having a completely legit problem with the cables or drivers, but ATI's tv-out is definitely not shit. when you get it to work, the display quality is very respectable.
    i tink it could be a prob with my cables. heres one prob. my comps turned off, and the svideo cable is plugged into the tv and into the card. i turn on the tv while the comp is turned off, and i get the same buzzing and squiggly lines as when the comp is on. i think it might be a prob with the cable. does anyone know where i can buy a svideo to rca adapter that is guarranted to work with ati? other than from ati. cuz they charge like $10 for shipping a little adapter thing. anyone have any ideas? btw, my local radioshack said their cable is $19!!!!! wtF!!!

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    i dunno, man. i've never tried it with a non-ATI cable. maybe you should just save yourself a headache and spend a few extra bucks to get one that you know will work.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Originally posted by 3RA1N1AC@9 January 2004 - 01:48
    i dunno, man. i've never tried it with a non-ATI cable. maybe you should just save yourself a headache and spend a few extra bucks to get one that you know will work.
    rite. i'm going to do that. is ther any places that sell something that works with ati?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Poster
    umm isnt cables..............well, cable? i dont think there is one speciffically for ati or nvidia....maybe your cable is just defective.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    do u guys think this is a good idea? i might go ahead and sell my ati made card that i have now on ebay for around $100-120. then buy this card:
    http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc....talog=48&depa=1

it's got a fan and all the cables and adapters i need! for a pretty good price too!

do u think i should do this? cuz the ati made card that i have doesn't have a fan. only a hs.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    or i might get this if i get enough money from selling the card i'm using now:

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc....talog=48&depa=1

do u guys think i should do this or just go buy another adapter? cuz the guy i bought it from on ebay said he'd be happy to exchange it for another one. if it still doesn't work, should i just go with the above?

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    If you are a canadian I don't think that newegg will ship to you....

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    Originally posted by adamp2p@9 January 2004 - 04:20
    If you are a canadian I don't think that newegg will ship to you....
    i live in chicago. for now.

can u guys tell me which is a better idea? buying another adapter or just selling this one and getting a somewhat better card?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast