Thread: Getting More Sources From The Imesh Network

It's been two weeks since my download of Inuyasha - Ep 72 has been stuck at 50%. So I decided to install iMesh to see if I have better luck.

For no reason, I selected the KL downloads folder for iMesh as well. Incredibly, iMesh recognized them, and started to attemp resuming downloads. I searched for "inuyasha" and found few results, because there is no auto search more feature. However, the results were returned much faster than with KL.

The next day I returned to KL, and the episode connected to 4 sources immediately and the download was resumed as fast as my dialup can go. Is this a coincidence? I find it almost impossible. iMesh added the sources to the DAT, that's for sure, and for some reason KL was unable to find such sources.

Question:
    Is the KL network separated from the iMesh network? I assume they can't see each other, but they admit connection between different clients. If this is right, I strongly suggest to install iMesh and use it to find more sources for the eternal "More sources needed" downloads.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Mr. Blunt's Avatar n00b
    I'm pretty sure iMesh used the FT Network also.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Yes it does. With IMesh you would have connected to a different supernode, and so had a different subset of sources available, but once the sources have been added to the .dat file then kazaalite is able to connect to them and download as normal.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    --Spam--
    But iMesh contains adware.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    But I use it *only* to find more sources, and this takes less than a minute or 2.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Mr. Blunt's Avatar n00b
    But iMesh contains adware.
    That's true. iMesh installs tons of spyware on your computer.
    But I use it *only* to find more sources, and this takes less than a minute or 2.
    You *still* have spyware installed now. It's not like the spyware only starts working when you have iMesh running. The spyware can be running in the background even without iMesh started up.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Poster
    if u are looking for an alternate use the clone copies of klite to find more sources

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    ditch imesh and settle for k-lite