Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: How Many Files Do You Share?

Poster
    Originally posted by Forevame7189@1 March 2003 - 01:21
    well i checked again those 4 files where dll and one ini...i unshared it because it wasn't usefull...i never gotten a virus from them, though.
    Good Lad.

Share usefull things. You know it makes sense.

2. Lounge   -   #62
    Originally posted by dave+28 February 2003 - 09:42--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (dave @ 28 February 2003 - 09:42)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -slick nick@28 February 2003 - 05:18
    Originally posted by -pokey@28 February 2003 - 02:36
    Originally posted by -Master YodaX@28 February 2003 - 02:10
    <!--QuoteBegin--pokey
    @28 February 2003 - 02:03
    15,387 is what it says on my screen right now.I hooked up a dedicated removable 60g HD just for kazaa downloads mostly software leaning towards graphics and 3D CG progs.

Holy Crap dude you rock B)

Any ideas why I can&#39;t reconnect later to someones file ?? For instance there&#39;s a file called 3d studio max dinosaursrom that I have 3 incomplete versions in my shared file.Every time I find it again the user (trinity10) cuts me off and I&#39;m never able to reconnect.Only start a fesh DL when I find it again and inevitably they cut me off 1/2 way through.???

Somewhere over 1,500. 1 movie "They Live" 4 videos, 2 Screaming Trees and 2 Killing Joke and 1,500 mp3&#39;s and about 60 something software files. Once I get a burner though I&#39;ll share movies only and burn my music.

Pokey you should download datreader from kazaasearch&#39;s site(put kazaasearch in google) or search the forum) and then run it go to the report page and click on it and use internet download manager(very fast and better than reget deluxe at least speed wise) and if the people have high bandwidth you will snatch the sucker down faster than you ever have. This is a must for large files or when your getting a file in the tenths of kb&#39;s. I used it for a music video from a person that was coughing it up at only .12kbs and I got it through internet download manager at an average of 90kbs.
    WHOA&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; They Live?&#33; That is an excellent movie&#33; I didn&#39;t think anybody was sharing movies that are that old. Keep it up someone needs to provide old movies; most people are just sharing new ones. [/b][/quote]
    Hey dave would you believe the guy I got it off was sharinbg Logan&#39;s Run which I downloaded off him too? If you look hard enough and go through peoples shared folders with these films you can find great sci fi like "They Live".

3. Lounge   -   #63
    Poster
    sadly saying...only 8 files, and even though i have a large hard drive, a cable isp, and a nice cpu, Its still sad on the files

4. Lounge   -   #64
    338 files. (mostly MP3&#39;s)

5. Lounge   -   #65
    Poster
    Originally posted by SolidWing68@1 March 2003 - 06:14
    sadly saying...only 8 files, and even though i have a large hard drive, a cable isp, and a nice cpu, Its still sad on the files
    Lol, me too. Although last night I did manage to get it up to 82

6. Lounge   -   #66
    Skweeky's Avatar Manker's web totty
    Personally I share about 150 mp3 files, there&#39;s a lot more video and audio files, but those are Benders

7. Lounge   -   #67
    Poster
    I only share about 200-400 files at a time.
    I&#39;ve found that if I do find all files on a single user who&#39;s sharing more than about 1,000 files it OFTEN causes Kazaa to freeze completely for a few seconds, sometimes causes my bandwidth drop to 0, and even occassionally crashes the computer entirely.

If you&#39;re going to share a HUGE number of files, having the no.files list reg entry enabled is almost a must so you won&#39;t be inadvertently crashing those trying to search your files...

8. Lounge   -   #68
    Poster
    Originally posted by Switeck@1 March 2003 - 21:07
    I only share about 200-400 files at a time.
    I&#39;ve found that if I do find all files on a single user who&#39;s sharing more than about 1,000 files it OFTEN causes Kazaa to freeze completely for a few seconds, sometimes causes my bandwidth drop to 0, and even occassionally crashes the computer entirely.

If you&#39;re going to share a HUGE number of files, having the no.files list reg entry enabled is almost a must so you won&#39;t be inadvertently crashing those trying to search your files...
    I can&#39;t believe you are giving people a hard time for sharing a lot of files and allowing others to chose from them.

If the price is that it slows things down for a couple of seconds, then I think that is a small price to pay for people sharing a lot. You are asking them to hide their files from potential downloaders, because sometimes it slows you down for a wee while.

Here&#39;s a better solution. Why don&#39;t you not select the find more from user option and leave other people to decide what works for them. It might be inconvenient for you but some of us like it, on the basis that if someone is downloading from me we may have similar tastes.

9. Lounge   -   #69
    kAb's Avatar Poster
    hmm&#33; i just found out that i was only sharing half my files. i now proudly share 98. i forgot about the old shared folder

10. Lounge   -   #70
    My 1st post Hello all I,m sharin abut 450 files most of the time which amounts to about 22Gb.I try not to share more because of the lag while d/loading list with 56k modem

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast