Thread: Changing File Types

I recently used Mirc to dl a game but I downloaded one that was in .tar format... now Im wondering what I can do to convert this file so that I can use Daemon tools to mount it ? Any suggestions will be appreciated.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Autumn Fox's Avatar n00b
    .tar is an archive file. Unzip it with i.e. Power Archiver

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    will I be able to use Daemon tools once the files are extracted ?

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Autumn Fox's Avatar n00b
    Lets be honest: I don't have a slightest idea what Deamon Tools are, however i assume that after extracting these files you'll have a wider range of possibilities and the Deamon Tools might become applicable.

Edit: I've made some reserch on thoes tools. Looks like they are made to make copies of CD's and not compressed file, even after decompression, however if this .tar file contained a .cue or other image file and a corresponding additional info file (like .nfo) you don't have to use them. Just burn a CD.
    If the .tar file contained a cracked version of a program as a selfextracting and installing .exe file you can copy the file onto a CD also without Deamon Tools. Just get a serial.
    Hope i helped B)

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    ya I guess, I just didnt want to use any cds to play this game, thats why I thought i might be able to get a .bin file from these and be able to mount with Daemon, thanks a lot though

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Autumn Fox's Avatar n00b
    If the .tar file contains files needed for installation you don't have to use any other means. Just run the installation.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    alright well I extracted the tar files and didnt see any .cue files, by the way I downloaded Call of Duty off M IRC, http://www.geocities.com/mikeandkev/...?1073708361437

is where a really bad screen shot of it is but theres tons of those throughout the file, could you give me some advice on how I would go about getting a cue or finding some file to burn as an image, the .nfo file wont open, keeps saying some message.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Autumn Fox's Avatar n00b
    I might be wrong, but it looks like a partioned .rar archive. Try opening it with Rar (lower part of the site).

About a .cue file. Well launch a general search in K-Lite for it.

And what's the message for the .nfo file ? (probably sth about missing image file, aye ? )