Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Xbox Or Ps2

Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    im lookin into maybe buying an xbox, i like the fact you can out linux on it and use it as a pc aswell, and as an all round media player, like playing divx files, which is really handy. and also dvd, but is it alot better than the ps2, and what else can i do to the xbox? and anyone here tried putting linux on it.

edit: also is it possible to fit some xbox games on a normal cdrom? that have movies ripped?

2. Games   -   #2
    Lick My Lovepump
    Xbox or PS2.

I think you should choose whichever you like best.

I have come to think that Xbox is big on multiplayer titles, and Xbox live is one of the Xbox strong points.

You have to buy a mod chip to put Linux on an Xbox. You can buy nice premodded Xboxes with 120GB hard drives. Search around.

3. Games   -   #3
    namzuf9's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Mad Cat@8 January 2004 - 19:38
    Xbox or PS2.

I think you should choose whichever you like best.

I have come to think that Xbox is big on multiplayer titles, and Xbox live is one of the Xbox strong points.

You have to buy a mod chip to put Linux on an Xbox. You can buy nice premodded Xboxes with 120GB hard drives. Search around.
    There are exploits used to get around the mod though.

I agree with the online multiplay though the PS2 has it but its a pretty crap community at the mo.
    PS2 can play DivX and Xvid (as well as mp3 and ogg) google PS2 Reality but you will need a modded PS2.
    PS2 has a higher availability of "rips" to download but do you really want a game with most of it ripped out?
    The Xbox is easier to chip, in fact theres a few no solder mods that apparently work well.
    The PS2 is a bitch to chip and the no solder mods are crap (just a glorified boot disk workaround) and V9 PS2 does not accept the boot disks.
    The PS2 can run Linux as well but you will need a modded PS2 and the linux kit which is a few quid/bucks as well but it does include all you'll need to get started.

Piracy aside I'd be looking at the gameplay. Graphically they are pretty close and a lot of the games nowdays are released multiformat.

For me personally I own a PS2. I prefer the controller and if I want a game thats released on the Xbox I wait until the PC port for the simple fact my PC will run it better!
    Look at the games available for both and try them where you can (at you local video game store of whatever)

Now I'm taking bets in how long it takes this thread to dissolve into a series of flames. I give good odds to!

4. Games   -   #4
    Lick My Lovepump
    I agree about the PS2 controllers. They are perfection.

5. Games   -   #5
    Poster
    xbox

6. Games   -   #6
    Lick My Lovepump
    Originally posted by dray_02@8 January 2004 - 23:43
    xbox
    I would also go for an Xbox if I was buying. I'm not sure why, since I love the PS2 controllers. I guess I just love big games where you blow everything up. And there seem to be more on Xbox.

7. Games   -   #7
    Monkeee's Avatar Post Whore
    Xbox = not many good games... but good graphics
    Ps2 = Ultimate Games

so if you actually like the grapics then choose xbox but if you want to Good games such as FF Series then get a ps2....

8. Games   -   #8
    Lick My Lovepump
    Originally posted by Monkeee@8 January 2004 - 23:51
    Ps2 = Ultimate Games

so if you actually like the grapics then choose xbox but if you want to Good games such as FF Series then get a ps2....
    I personally hate the FF series with a vengeance.

9. Games   -   #9
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    Originally posted by Mad Cat+8 January 2004 - 15:58--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mad Cat &#064; 8 January 2004 - 15:58)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Monkeee@8 January 2004 - 23:51
    Ps2 = Ultimate Games

I personally hate the FF series with a vengeance. [/b][/quote]
    cpt_azad agrees strongly with your opinion. no offense to any fans of the ff series, but seriously it does suck (exceptions made for ff7, i heard it&#39;s really good and played it once, i&#39;ve played a bunch of other ff&#39;s and they suck ass). do your self a favour, get an xbox (but you don&#39;t have to take my word for it). more better and "Brute-force" games are coming out for it soon, brute force as in Doom3, Halo2, and Half Life 2(don&#39;t know whether hl2 is coming out for xbox, heard somewhere, but it&#39;s probably a rumour ). yes, ps2 has a bigger selection of games, with more variety. xbox is pure power with graphics, sound, and some pretty amazing games, the difference? ps2 has more games period. not to mention that xbox live just leaves ps2 in the dust .

edit: ps2 has games that are suitable for children-teens, xbox is more into the teen-mature genre. but seriously, i don&#39;t care if ps2 has more games, xbox has games that make ps2 games look pathetic (and not just the crappy ps2 games, the good ones).

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

10. Games   -   #10
    Twist3r
    if your good at using a controller then xboxs FPS are awsome, it took me a long time go get used to not aiming with a mouse but once you get the hang of the controller you can aim just as fast as a mouse, there are some very good online FPS including: Counterstrike, Rainbow 6 3, Wolfenstien, Unreal Championship

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast