Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 31011121314 LastLast

Thread: Will Your Firewall Stop This?

SeK612's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    On a side note Norton AV considers the PCAudit thing spyware

File names: pcaudit.exe

When Spyware.Pcaudit is executed, it performs the following actions:

Displays a graphical user interface named pcAudit Leak Test.

With the user's permission, the spyware tracks and sends the following information to the server of Internet Security Alliance:

Computer name or any identification
    IP address
    Name of the subdirectories and files in the My Documents folder
    Snapshot of the computer's screen
    Keystrokes
    Source

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #122
    thats a new one...nobodys posted that yet..good observations mate

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #123
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    These type of tests and threads should be sent to the firewall protector providor. So they know.and fix and apologize.and pay us tons of cash for helping them

4. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #124
    Poster
    ok, after this big cat fight i managed to get the jist that zone alarm is a good firewall to have but what about the other two. i have sygate and it failed so i will propbably start using zone alarm, if someone can post the key please.

5. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #125
    BANNED
    No keys allowed on the board mate.

& sygate passed too.

6. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #126
    @ Zedd
    PM sent

7. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #127
    Robert00000's Avatar Interweb Fantasist BT Rep: +1
    I think we should thank DVD PIRATE III for enlightening us of this security problem.

I have two computers (three if you count the new one i got free for building a friend a new pc ), and multiple partitions on each.

the firewall failed the test on one pc (on the general partition), because the settings were lower than they could be. But i don't have anything valuable worth stealing by any hacker from this computer, its just used to download files from p2p networks and testing freeware/shareware software from download.com and others.

The other computer i use one partition for business purposes and another for online transactions (banking/shopping). the firewall setings on this computer are to the maximum on both partitions (i use zonealarm pro on both pc's by the way).

I also don't install anything other than trusted software and even keep these installations to the minimum, installing only those that are essential. (nothing download from the net except zonealarm from the zonelabs website)

By using two computers i keep my security to the max. where i need it, but this doesnt limit me from downloading things just for fun and curiosity on the other computer.

This is good practice for everyone, even if you don't have two computers, the hard drives being as large as they are nowadays, you can at least have multiple primary partitions, and keep one partition very secure for transactions.

By the way i didnt install this test software on the secure computer, but i have all the settings suggested by DVD PIRATE III on zonealarm, so i know its relatively secure
    Robert00000

8. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #128
    fkdup74's Avatar Pneuberator.
    Originally posted by Zedaxax@11 January 2004 - 20:09
    These type of tests and threads should be sent to the firewall protector providor. So they know.and fix and apologize.and pay us tons of cash for helping them
    i'd send sygate a link, but theres too many requests for product keys in here

@ DVD - think its ok to post the other success?
    i havent got it to pass yet, but havent messed with it though
    (been burning a few discs )
    maybe some one else can get it to pass...........
    I am just a worthless liar. I am just an imbecile.
    I will only complicate you. Trust in me and fall as well.
    I will find a center in you. I will chew it up and leave.
    I will work to elevate you just enough to bring you down.

9. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #129
    wormless's Avatar Beauty
    Originally posted by DVD PIRATE III@10 January 2004 - 16:10
    heres a little test I found on another forum ..so far only 3 different firewalls have passed this test..so you wanna test yours?
    Right click save target as...

PC Audit

Heres there website if you wanna download from there
    http://www.pcinternetpatrol.com/downloads/audit.php

I warn you now, you may not like the results you get :helpsmile:
    Dont be shy to post ya results here with the firewall your using so others no which is the goods and which isnt B)

EDIT: theres another tester here in this same thread that ive posted if anyone wants to try it -----> http://klboard.ath.cx/index.php?showtopic=...1172entry801172
    http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcen...re.pcaudit.html for those who ran pcaudit i suggest u read symantec response and look for what it says! as i was looking on syms site through spywear adware e.t.c. and say pcaudit and knew i seen that name somewhere but wasnt sure where but then i remembered klf and put a search for pcaudit and found the post i wanted!

10. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #130
    wormless's Avatar Beauty
    Originally posted by SeK612@11 January 2004 - 16:05
    On a side note Norton AV considers the PCAudit thing spyware

File names: pcaudit.exe

When Spyware.Pcaudit is executed, it performs the following actions:

Displays a graphical user interface named pcAudit Leak Test.

With the user's permission, the spyware tracks and sends the following information to the server of Internet Security Alliance:

Computer name or any identification
    IP address
    Name of the subdirectories and files in the My Documents folder
    Snapshot of the computer's screen
    Keystrokes
    Source
    ive just seen yr post i have posted it too as i came across it when lookinh through spywear and adware on syms site.

@everyone i have not downloaded it and its not on my system i suggest other people who have do what norton say to do. u cannot trust everything and everyone on this site. for all you know there could by trojans e.t.c. putting things like pcaudit on here and u download them without checking them first.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 31011121314 LastLast