Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Us Plan Possible Moonbase

thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by mustangchang+10 January 2004 - 22:19--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mustangchang @ 10 January 2004 - 22:19)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-nigel123@10 January 2004 - 16:47
    It is just an election ploy...
    yes and Satin invented the popsicle.....................

I think its a great idea the American people have almost completely lost interest in our space program, so this should energize the public about what NASA is doing now days.

This is going help us in our long term goal which is possibly sending human life to Mars. [/b][/quote]
    The US should better spend their money in paying back their debts...

@ Satin is a very fine fabric

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    Should the US be allowed to build on the moon without clearance from the UN. What if we blow it up by accident?
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Is there national law governing the moon or any OTHER planet?
    I don&#39;t think so.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by hobbes@10 January 2004 - 22:40
    Should the US be allowed to build on the moon without clearance from the UN. What if we blow it up by accident?
    Hobbes you really are funny

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    Since the destruction of the moon would have global effects on our planet, maybe we should.

Or should we allow anyone with the capability to do what they please with it. A country might travel to the moon and hold the Earth hostage by threatening to blow it up.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    What about the people that bought property on the moon? Shouldn&#39;t they get a say on where the moonbase is built?

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Originally posted by hobbes@10 January 2004 - 23:47
    Since the destruction of the moon would have global effects on our planet, maybe we should.

Or should we allow anyone with the capability to do what they please with it. A country might travel to the moon and hold the Earth hostage by threatening to blow it up.
    Hmmm...actually a valid point while far-fetched.
    The moon affects the tides and many other atmospheric conditions of the Earth.
    Any country with nuclear capability has the same power of destroying the Earth (to an extent).
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    Originally posted by MagicNakor@10 January 2004 - 21:52
    What about the people that bought property on the moon? Shouldn&#39;t they get a say on where the moonbase is built?

Was thinking the exact same thing&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; Would be good if the US built this base on their land. Would cost so much to remove it, they&#39;d rather pay rent to the land owner for many years&#33;&#33; hehe

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    i wonder if bob vila will be making a program about it in a few years...this old moonbase

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20
    Back on topic:

The article states:
    Experts believe a Moon mission could be attempted without a big increase in Nasa&#39;s budget by spreading the cost over 10 years.
    I can see how this is meant to ease minds over funneling of funds from other, more immediate problems, but I see a huge potential for abuse.

"Oh we&#39;ve come so far, but "x" is costing more than anticipated, we need to build "y" as well. If we stop now the whole project would have been for naught.

I see it as a simple political bauble to dangle before our glossed over eyes, and keep us from thinking about what the hell we are going to do about health coverage.

I think it sounds "cool", but I am "cool" on the plan.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast