Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Us Plan Possible Moonbase

vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    moonbase story

ok i got this while reading newspaper websites from around the world...i like a balanced view....
    the subject of this topic is....
    do you feel this is a very important and worthwile thing to do (knowlege gained advances in science etc.) or do you feel the money could be put to better use at home (for example a free healthcare system or at least free prescriptions or better housing nationwide)
    this is mostly for Americans but i'm sure there will be some wonderful comments from elsewhere

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    Poster
    ok this is probably another one of my controversial posts (well second i guess) but...

bush, in case you havent noticed, WE LANDED ON THE MOON OVER FORTY YEARS AGO!!!!!!! WHATS TO SEE?! AND ITS NOT MADE OUT OF CHEESE, OK?! WE FOUND THAT OUT WHEN AMERICA WENT THERE IN THE 60'S!!! ITS THE FUCKING MOON MAN! THERES NO ALIENS!!!

jeez, what a fucking dumbass the president of the united states is. how can you ppl like an APPOINTED, not elected president, we didnt even elect him for god's sake. and where are we getting the money for this? we went nearly bankrupt for that pointless war in iraq

note: all of that which was said is solely my opinion yadda yadda yadda

U RNT LEET LIKE ME!!!!!!!!!11111111111111

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    actually the moonbase is supposed to be a staging post and training ground for a manned mission to mars...(the story in the link)..perhaps i should have pointed it out in the original post instead of linking to it

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    Originally posted by vidcc
    actually the moonbase is supposed to be a staging post and training ground for a manned mission to mars
    I saw an interview with a scientist on BBC2 and he said that it requires the same amount of energy to get to Mars regardless of whether you start from the Moon or Earth, it just takes a little longer.

He also reckoned that theres not much worth looking at on the moon and that a Martian Base makes more sense because it has an atmosphere and water (although it is frozen) and thus it might have simple lifeforms such as amoeba.

In comparison the moon is just a rock with no atmosphere.

I reckon a National Health System would be a better investment but I guess it depends on your priorities.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    Poster
    yeah, guess i shouldve read the article before i replied :-"

U RNT LEET LIKE ME!!!!!!!!!11111111111111

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    Oh My God. How old is this news? I read this like a week ago!

My personal opinion is that I hope this finally takes off. I actually want to see us flying spaceships in my lifetime. Need peace in the Middle East though for that to happen, so I guess we've got another 2000 years give or take

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    1. This should have been done a long time ago. Hell put a missile system there too.

2. ...but America needs to get America halfway straight first.

3. The purpose is not to just study the moon but I guess to be closer to everything else in space. I think the "idea" is sound.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    They are going to have to get that Saturn rocket in the Smithsonian ready to go until they can build some run ways on the moon for the shuttle. I always knew the moon would make an excellent weapons platform once the hubble telescope wore out. B)

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    It is just an election ploy...

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    Poster
    Originally posted by nigel123@10 January 2004 - 16:47
    It is just an election ploy...
    yes and Satin invented the popsicle.....................

I think its a great idea the American people have almost completely lost interest in our space program, so this should energize the public about what NASA is doing now days.

This is going help us in our long term goal which is possibly sending human life to Mars.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast