Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Us Plan Possible Moonbase

They probably found some moon footage never shown to the public before Seriously if China lands men on moon there going to claim as there property so some WASP's have to get there first. :music1:

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    Originally posted by Some 'expert'
    Experts believe a Moon mission could be attempted without a big increase in Nasa's budget by spreading the cost over 10 years.
    This reminds me of the Conservative Gvt in the UK, they always say they can cut taxes AND raise spending on the NHS???

I dont understand how these 'experts' can do 100x the work with only a small increase in funds. If they are going to do it by spreading it over 10 years then surely they're going to have to drop every other mission they had planned for the next decade? Then again Im not an 'expert'

I genuinely dont think this will happen though. Didnt GW senior propose the exact same plans when he was in office? afaik they were dropped rather quickly due to the staggering costs involved.

I think this is just a strategy to excite the electorate and get re-elected but hey, I'm a cynical old crocodile

Now.. imagine if all that cash was spent on free health care for everyone or at least the most vulnerable in society. Thats my idea of progress

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23
    Poster
    I decline to make comment on any space mission. Given Our recent record.

The Beagle has landed, we just don't know where. I personally feel it is simply refusing to play any Blur music.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #24
    Originally posted by leftism@11 January 2004 - 01:06
    but hey, I'm a cynical old crocodile

Oh fantastic! Hey mate, I'm really Steve Irwin and I have been looking for a reliable babysitter for me kids. Interested?
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

5. The Drawing Room   -   #25
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Originally posted by J'Pol@11 January 2004 - 00:08

The Beagle has landed, we just don't know where. I personally feel it is simply refusing to play any Blur music.
    i think it was impounded and crushed for having no road tax

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #26
    Originally posted by hobbes
    Oh fantastic! Hey mate, I'm really Steve Irwin and I have been looking for a reliable babysitter for me kids. Interested?
    Nah, I'm a little too long in the tooth for that kind of caper

7. The Drawing Room   -   #27
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    Originally posted by vidcc+10 January 2004 - 23:14--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (vidcc @ 10 January 2004 - 23:14)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-J&#39;Pol@11 January 2004 - 00:08

The Beagle has landed, we just don&#39;t know where. I personally feel it is simply refusing to play any Blur music.
    i think it was impounded and crushed for having no road tax [/b][/quote]
    LOL

Nah, the space agency refused to pay the £5 Congestion Charge and they&#39;ve towed the fucker, trust

8. The Drawing Room   -   #28
    How can you build on such an unstable surface?

9. The Drawing Room   -   #29
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    Well Earth isn&#39;t exactly flat now is it? What about houses that are built on hills? they just need to build a foundation and go from there... How they&#39;ll do that is anyone&#39;s guess.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #30
    Originally posted by Samurai@11 January 2004 - 05:58
    Well Earth isn&#39;t exactly flat now is it? What about houses that are built on hills? they just need to build a foundation and go from there... How they&#39;ll do that is anyone&#39;s guess.
    They may have to "drill" deep into those furrows to achiev stability.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123