Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crappy Speed Using K++ With A Router Installed

cor3y
    Worked beautifully

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    vivitron 15's Avatar Poster
    is Kazaa connected abu? it only ever gives me that error if it hasnt finished connecting yet.
    <insert signature here>

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    Originally posted by vivitron 15@12 January 2004 - 06:37
    is Kazaa connected abu? it only ever gives me that error if it hasnt finished connecting yet.
    yea. kazaa is connected. i&#39;ll try it today. thanks guys. and yea, rite now my ip is different from the default or any of those in the list

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    Originally posted by wacomcduff@11 January 2004 - 19:56
    Most likely, the reason KaNat can&#39;t figure out your local IP is because the one you are using isn&#39;t one of the "standard" addressess. For KaNat to correctly grab your IP it has to be one of these:

192.168.x.x
    172.16.x.x - 172.31.x.x
    10.x.x.x
    169.254.x.x

I chose a different IP range at first and had the same problem with KaNat that you are having...think I was using 168.192.1.1 Once I changed my IP to 169.254.1.100, KaNat worked great. I also use port 31666 for KaZaa and have that forwarded in my router config.

Hope this helps ya.

P.S. Switeck- That standard post you make is what got me on track to fixing my speed problems. Great info. I suggest you add the IP ranges that KaNat likes to it though. That is where I got stumped for a while.
    thanks a lot. i cahnged back to default and it works. so i have to keep this thing running all the time?

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    You only have to keep KaNat running when you are using KaZaa. So yah, all the time if you are like me heh.

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    Hey everyone, I tried Kanat as well I am not so sure how much it is helping me however. My connection speed is still very slow when using kazza lite 2.4.x, I am sharing and downloading files at a snails pace with the router(I have a fast cable connection,wtf)... can anyone help me? thanks

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    Using KaNat alone is not enough to increase your download speeds. Take a look around on the forums and you will find threads that discuss forwarding ports in your router config. You have to do this as well to get full functionality from KaZaa in addition to using KaNat.

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    kazaaman's Avatar Proud Indian
    Well if your are using Kazaa Lite K++ 2.43....... You might want to change to K-lite 2.6 or Kazaa Lite Ressurection&#33;&#33;

K-lite 2.6 you will probably get better dl speeds because sharman is trying to force 2.43 off the network........

or maybe Kazaa Lite ressurection because it also gives good speeds FOR ME

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    Poster
    If you do not do EVERYTHING I listed in this message thread to improve router performance with KL++, upgrading to a different Kazaa (Lite) version will almost certainly help none.

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    thanks for the help&#33; works great

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12