Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How Do I Copyright My Own Music?

Benno's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by internet.news+13 January 2004 - 18:33--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (internet.news @ 13 January 2004 - 18:33)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-&#045;=Cyrus=&#045;@10 January 2004 - 20:35
    Hi

I would like to send some of my song to labels and see if they would want to use them, but none of my songs are copyright’d to me. How can I copyright them to me and also doing it cheap but effective?

I live in the UK

Thanks
    Edit the ID3-Tag. You can do it with Winamp. In ID3 there is a section with "Copyright", write down your name. As many standalone players could recognize ID-Tags, this should be fine.

You also can write your adress in the tag. [/b][/quote]
    Just because you wright your name down there doesnt give you the copyright for the song

You Better Keep In Mind That I Can Read Between The Lines

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to there level and beat you with experience!!

2. Music   -   #12
    Jayhawk's Avatar Rock Chalk Jayhawk BT Rep: +5
    Originally posted by Benno+13 January 2004 - 12:53--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Benno @ 13 January 2004 - 12:53)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by internet.news@13 January 2004 - 18:33
    <!--QuoteBegin-&#045;=Cyrus=&#045;
    @10 January 2004 - 20:35
    Hi

I would like to send some of my song to labels and see if they would want to use them, but none of my songs are copyright’d to me. How can I copyright them to me and also doing it cheap but effective?

I live in the UK

Thanks

Edit the ID3-Tag. You can do it with Winamp. In ID3 there is a section with "Copyright", write down your name. As many standalone players could recognize ID-Tags, this should be fine.

You also can write your adress in the tag.
    Just because you wright your name down there doesnt give you the copyright for the song [/b][/quote]

3. Music   -   #13
    CrumbCat's Avatar Cachaça or Cachaça
    Originally posted by KwahyaJ+14 January 2004 - 11:49--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (KwahyaJ &#064; 14 January 2004 - 11:49)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Benno@13 January 2004 - 12:53
    Originally posted by internet.news@13 January 2004 - 18:33
    <!--QuoteBegin-&#045;=Cyrus=&#045;
    @10 January 2004 - 20:35
    Hi

I live in the UK

Thanks

You also can write your adress in the tag.

Just because you wright your name down there doesnt give you the copyright for the song
    [/b][/quote]
    LMAO2

Wait - maybe it will actually provide a copyright.......

Yeah - Right

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12