Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Music And Video On My Web Site

I'm new to web design. I've been using dreamweaver, but I can't figgure out how to load music and video and have different options available for size, connection speed, preferred format etc... Any helpful tips?

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #2
    h1
    Post a sample page along with what you specifically want to do. "Load music" is pretty vague.

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #3
    Okay, I want there to be text links that will play mp3 files in the default player when clicked.

4. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #4
    h1
    Not possible. Unless you use an ActiveX control to make them automatically download and play the file.

This will, though alienate non-IE users, and IE users with security updates or ActiveX turned off.

5. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #5
    Poster
    Originally posted by haxor41789@26 January 2004 - 09:56
    Not possible. Unless you use an ActiveX control to make them automatically download and play the file.

This will, though alienate non-IE users, and IE users with security updates or ActiveX turned off.

If he just links to mp3 files, they will play in the default media player.

ActiveX is nothing to do with it

To the original question, try Windows Media Audio 22k or 32k

6. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #6
    SeK612's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    If you hyperlink to a .mp3 file a box will pop up asking you if you want to download the file or open it. To play it in your default player the user needs to click "open" (which downloads to the temp directory and runs). It wouldn't just play.

7. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #7
    h1
    Originally posted by &#045;netweiser&#045;+26 January 2004 - 19:36--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (-netweiser- @ 26 January 2004 - 19:36)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-haxor41789@26 January 2004 - 09:56

ActiveX is nothing to do with it

To the original question, try Windows Media Audio 22k or 32k [/b][/quote]
    That&#39;s true, if he is using WMA, they will be integrated into WMP.

Again, this is IE only though.

8. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #8
    Would this not work?
    Code:
    &#60;embed src=&#34;Path_of_file.format&#34; loop=false autostart=true hidden=false&#62;
    That is what I use to stream video or music on my pages.

9. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #9
    h1
    Originally posted by Captain Nemo@26 January 2004 - 23:02
    Would this not work?
    Code:
    &#60;embed src=&#34;Path_of_file.format&#34; loop=false autostart=true hidden=false&#62;
    That is what I use to stream video or music on my pages.
    You could always use Flash, there are plenty of great Flash music templates floating around, some with playlists, search functions, etc.

That&#39;s not a text link though...

10. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #10
    Yes flash is nice, I used flash for a banner that plays music, it had a simple preloader, but I lost my damn .fla file and forget how the hell I did it,.... The script I used to make the preloader is here but, I can&#39;t seem to figure out how to ad the start and stop function again

As for a text link, I made a page with just the embeded src tag then made a text link to a pop up (or you could use target="_blank" if you dont like pop ups) from the main page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast