Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do You Eat The Furry Ones?

Ron's Avatar Poster
    Animals copulate to procreate.
    We (humans) do it for fun. (well, in 99.99% of the cases anyway)
    Maybe we should restrict ourselves there too?

Anyway, the sole reason mankind got this "advanced", is that he discovered that paying others to do something for him, pays off in the long run.
    So buying meat that was killed by someone else, makes us progress.
    Why should we stop doing that?
    Crops have to be treated against vermin too btw. Killing millions, (billions?) of small animals too.
    So becoming vegetarian would, in fact, increase the amount of kills of smaller animals.......

Might be wrong, just added my 2 p.

2. Lounge   -   #12
    Ron's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Sneepboy@28 February 2003 - 06:45
    Ya just can't beat good meat!
    I could answer something naughty here,....but I won't.

3. Lounge   -   #13
    geprobert's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Ron@28 February 2003 - 05:51
    Animals copulate to procreate.
    We (humans) do it for fun. (well, in 99.99% of the cases anyway)
    Maybe we should restrict ourselves there too?
    No! That is an excellent point - there are many advantages to the life in that respect

I hope no-one thinks I am trying to bring the human race to rites! There are lots of amazing things about the way we are which I wouldn't want give up - like you say, Ron!!!

I just wanted to point out that trying to compare the way we do stuff to the rest of the animal word is p*ssing in the wind a bit, as we've moved on so much.

I do think that we mess the planet up too much though (not that I am alone in OR clever for holding that view).

It's like in Lord of the Rings - Middle Earth is green & prosperous, and the Dark Forces try to take it over - they destroy everything they can, and use up loads of trees and stuff in order to make their Orcs and weapons... what happens if they win? The way they live needs a constant supply of trees & other natural resources, but if they carried on like that for any great length of time they would simply run out. The earth would end up a barren waste-land and they'd die.

But let me get this straight: I fully admit I would be lost without supermarkets & their packages goods, power stations run by precious natural resources, cars, computers and all those sorts of things (and also copulation )

4. Lounge   -   #14
    Ron's Avatar Poster
    Copulation saves the lives of millions of kittens.....
    I told my wife, but she doesn't seem to like those little creatures.

Guess I'll have to beat some good meat instead.

5. Lounge   -   #15
    summerlinda's Avatar Pyretta¤Blaze
    When you watch those National Geographic's wild life programs you'll see that the lions, tigers, crocs and all the other meat eating animals have absolutely no mercy on killing other animals, wether they are babies or adults. Have you ever watched one of those episodes when a lion catches one of the little zebras and then the other lions come and join in, tearing apart its flesh, while the other zebras watch from distance?
    Don't tell me that's not cruel?
    And yes i watch animal planet all the time.
    Yes, but hey, at least they catch it themselfs, otherwise they would die!
    They only kill what the need, instead of us humans, we over produce!

You want to help animals? Stop those bastards in Canada from killing seals just for their skins, stop the ones who hunt for fur or sport, wiping out all of the endangerous species. 
    Stop also those bastards who conduct tests on animals. 
    I do!

Just don't come telling that humans are cruel about killing animals, when Mother Nature is A LOT more cruel...
    Your wrong, and if you dont see the difference...... thats sad

I hope you don't live in an old building with hot water heat. Chances are, that there are probably still some leather gaskets in those old pipe fittings. Leather is also used as belts for large belt driven machinery. Especially the Amaish. If you buy any wooden furniture from them, it was probably made with a tools that use leather belts.
    Jesus Christ ate fish.
    Everytime you swallow, you ingest thousands of living mico-organisms and bacteria.
    A human will swallow up to 6 spiders in a lifetime, when sleeping at night.
    Animals eat other animals.
    Almost all medicines that you take, have been tested on animals
    Did you actualy read what i was saying? I said i was NOT a vegan (know the difference?), so dont give me that crap!
    I also said i use animal friendly cosmetics AS MUCH as i can............
    I'm not a freak, i just do as much as i can to prevend from animal cruelty.
    I do have (second hand) leather forniture, i do use paracetamol, i do have leather boots, etc.
    I'm not saying you have to stop eating meat, thats your choice, i only wonna give my point of view.
    If you knew me, you would say that i am a rather 'normal' person.

6. Lounge   -   #16
    Poster
    Originally posted by geprobert@28 February 2003 - 06:29

...But the way we do stuff is definitely completely different to the rest of nature. And why not, you may ask, as we are a very different species from the rest of nature now. But when you look at it, the way 'mother nature' presided over things before we came along...
    That is true...

...which is why it is 'natural' (mother nature playing the role) for an intelligent being to self destruct itself.

We, as humans, are doing what is natural, being the intelligent species we are.

With intelligence, comes destruction.

It is natural for us to be curious and expand our knowledge and do dangerous, stupid and intellegent, things all at the same time.

---------

All animals on this planet have a particular trait that they are known for, and are good at:

Birds fly, they do it swiftly, and all of the time. They are good at it.

Cougars are strong and fast. That is the thing they do best. (and they kill for food).

Monkeys have long arms and legs to climb trees. They are good at that.

Humans have large brains. They think, create and come up with ideas. They are good at that.

Get the thr drift?

-------

As I said. We, as humans, are doing what comes naturally.

7. Lounge   -   #17
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by summerlinda@28 February 2003 - 06:27
    I do have (second hand) leather forniture, i do use paracetamol, i do have leather boots, etc.
    Hmmmmmmmm.....maybe you me and Curley need to get together.

Your boots and her whip.....I'm there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12