Thread: Failed Downloads

I just installed k-lite and have downloaded a couple of things just fine, but suddenly I see "failed" in the traffic screen, no matter what I try. My disc space is plenty and I'm not sure how to resume downloading correctly. I seem to be uploading no problem. Someone please help in layman's terms!

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Old Fella
    Check the folder where downloads are going to is still set as My Shared Folder (check in options/traffic). Thats the only thing I can think of roght now so hoepfully someone else will have another answer for you shortly.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    If it says failed, most probably it's a virus. Now if d/loads are completed but not in your Shared folder, check your temporary folder.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    BANNED
    All my downloads say 'Failed'

If the download says failed after it is finished, check the topic above called "After my download is completed the file still appears as a .dat file".

Also make sure that you have enough disk space to store your downloads.

Windows XP Service Pack 1 is also known to be a cause of a lot of problems. There is not much that can be done about this, except downgrading to Windows XP without SP1.

t have a temp folder,

read the help for more info

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    texaslillie
    Hi! Newbie here! I'm not new to K-Lite, just these boards. I've read several of the posts but haven't seen the problem I'm having mentioned. I hope you can help.

I'm running Windows XP and have K-Lite 2.4.3. I have a 10 GB Drive with all my program files and a 60 GB Drive for my downloads. Thanksgiving week I had 3 sucessive power outages. They happened so fast that I didn't have time for a clean shutdown and my power button got stuck so couldn't shut it off. It fried my drive with all the d/l's and lost them all.

My Brother-in-law reformatted it for me. I reinstalled K-lite, but now my computer locks up on me every time I try to use it. It'll run for 30 min or so and then I get a Write Failed message and then it locks up.

Could it have anything to do with my internet provider. I'm using a different one than before the melt down. I only have 2GB RAM available on my "program" drive. Could that have anything to do with it?

Lillie