Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Laptop Users

SciManAl's Avatar Hardware guy
    damn i wonder how many watts of staic it would take to damage it... i don't know about you, but i would think that simply not rubbing your feet on carpets or rugges for 10 minutes and then touching your rig... lol

yeah static can hurt, but only when you overload a circut with it... that does however require some extreme static... (i wonder if i could have a gerbil inside my pc in a wheel that rubbed against the side of the case and generated staic power... hmm... i will have to make that my newest thing... brb poeple gonna make things happen hehehehe yeah ground yourself and go in... it is harder though for those poeple with acrylic cases, nothing to ground on... also nothing for electricity to travel on... witch is nice lol...

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    bob_the_alien's Avatar Bob The Alien
    Originally posted by BILLY-THE-FISH@11 January 2004 - 17:38
    I would'nt advise people to go touching inside there case while it's on though!!

Just be careful and make sure you touch metal first!
    Yeah, that's true, you should turn it off before doing anything inside the pc, if for nothing else, you never know, when your doing something you may fry yourself
    "Where did he go, George, Where did he go?"

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    QUOTE (BILLY-THE-FISH @ 11 January 2004 - 17:38)
    I would'nt advise people to go touching inside there case while it's on though!!

Just be careful and make sure you touch metal first! 

Yeah, that's true, you should turn it off before doing anything inside the pc, if for nothing else, you never know, when your doing something you may fry yourself 
    That also applies to taking into the bath with you - for a real clean up

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Originally posted by Zedaxax@12 January 2004 - 15:15

That also applies to taking into the bath with you - for a real clean up

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12