Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking For Beta Testers - Apply Now

Poster
    We are looking for a few (around 25) beta testers for a new file sharing software. If you are interested to help us please post a message and explain why you think that we should pick you.

Requirements

- Member Rank (3 Stars)
    - We need to know your OS
    - How much time do you spend online
    - Why do you want to become a beta tester (details)
    - Did you help to test other software ?
    - Do you run a website ? (if yes: what kind of content?)

Please do not spam or post questions here.

This topic is for applications only.

Selected beta testers will have access to a hidden beta test forum to communicate with each other.

Marc

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Filesharinghelp.com
    Requirements

- Member Rank (3 Stars) - I got
    - We need to know your OS - Windows XP SP1, Windows 2000 Pro Sp3, Win 2k3 Server
    - How much time do you spend online - 4+ hours a day
    - Why do you want to become a beta tester (details) - I think i should be selected as i already test alot of BETA's and have a pretty good knowledge of apps and do some developement my self.
    - Did you help to test other software ? - Yes, I currently am testing eWall (a program similar to peer guardian, but runs at driver level)
    - Do you run a website ? (if yes: what kind of content?) - No, but have a decent knowledge of HTML

Edited after reading Illuminati's post

*Please do not edit this post as I use my "edited by" to verify testers

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    FvKin GeniuS :D
    I will be second

1. Windows 2000 sp4

2. 8-10 hours a day on the computer

3. I want to become a "Beta Tester" because I have alot of knowlage of p2p and programming I used to work with the mappers of Counter-strike:Coundtion Zero
    Until we got fired because valve was bought. I will test the prgram extensivly all day long I will give you feed back and any known bugs on it. I will not distribute this beta.I really want to because a beta tester because i always want to help out the p2p community and the k-lite forum.

4.I use to beta test a few games and programs Games-Half-life, Counter-strike, Cs:Cz, Unreal 2. Programs-Winamp.

5. I use to run quite a few warez sites and forum but i slowy been trying to get myself out of the loop because I have other things to worry about so I sold most of my forum and sites.

6.Yes i have 3 start and in a few more posts I will have 5 Plus I've been on this board for a long time and i would be glad to help you anyway possible

Sincerely,
    IzZy

Board rule: max 500x150 Pixels (w x h)

https://filesharingtalk.com/sigs/albegaleeeee.jpg

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Regular Member BT Rep: +5
    Hey.
    I am applying to be a beta tester and i have the following reasons why i should:

Firstly i am 3 star member and i post most of my posts in Softwareworld.

My OS is currently Windows XP Professional SP1a. i also run two other pc's which have windows 2003 server and one which is testing windows xp professional SP2.

I spend about 4 hours a day on the internet a day. sometimes can be less.

i would liket o become a beta test to test ut new software and give my views on any errors in any program

i have only helped out to test windows sp2

i have started on websites in the last 2 weeks...i had planned at the end of november but i have been very ill for a month and i am back up now to start websites.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    Operating System:
    Windows XP Home Edition SP1, AMD Athlon 3000+

Member Rank:
    3 Stars

Time Spent Online:
    I work from home, so easily 8-10 hours

Why Do I Want To Become A Tester:
    I enjoy beta testing several programs currently in use, and forward all pros and cons to the dev's aon a regular and routine basis.

Did I Help Test Other Software:
    Yes, several mods for PC games, such as Desert Combat, Eve Of Destruction and also PC software such as Winamp, Damn NFO Viewer & TagScanner.

Do I Run A Website:
    Yes. My squad, Illuminati Gaming Network play several online games, and I am one of 2 administrators for the Battlefield 1942 section.

Samurai

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    namzuf9's Avatar Poster
    Windows XP SP1. (AMD 1800XP, 256 SDRAM)

Member Rank:
    3 star.

Time spent online:
    3-4 hours weekday evenings (GMT), normally connected (downloading) from 18:00 till 06:30.

Why do I want to become a tester?
    I enjoy using many P2P apps and have pretty much tried everyone out there. Unfortunately I dont have any programming knowledge but I do have an eye for detail when it comes to the usability (ease of use, GUI etc.) of applications.

Did I help test other software:
    No

Do I run a website?
    I'm currently in the process of designing a WAPsite.
    Content: Fansite and J2ME apps/games.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    nostalgia's Avatar Frequent visitor
    No offence, but all the people volunteering use XP or W2k
    I think this program should also be tested on the 98/Me machines.
    -- They tell me tomorrow will never arrive, but I've seen it end a million times. --

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    My squad, Illuminati Gaming Network
    That a coincidence or you trying to kiss ass? (j/k )

I have to admit that so far, there isn't as many applying as was originally thought would Just in case it wasn't clear before, you don't need to be the best beta tester in the world to join up, or even a credited beta tester. What is looked for is those who can spot things that shouldn't be there and can form an opinion on how the program can be improved.

If you think that the damn ClipIt assistant in Microsoft Office is bloody annoying, or that Kazaa could have improved the way it made sure its files were quality, you have all practically of the qualities that are asked in SwapGate Beta Testers

So - Time to explain the qualities to get more people involved

Member Rank (3 Stars)
    The reason that normal Members was wanted is because what is looked for is those who have some experience of P2P but not enough to classify them as P2P gurus.

However, there is a slim chance that there can be some exceptions made for one/five-star members if they're too good to pass. True, this will be very few (we're talking about 1-4 each side), but Junior or Senior members can apply and still join the team.

So no-one's currently unable to apply

We need to know your OS
    There's a good reason for this - Currently, SwapGate will work for any Windows which is 98 or up. This means that it supports Win98/ME/2000/XP. Unfortunately, it kinda strikes Linux & Mac users out But there is a way around it

If you have more than one computer and/or run more than one OS, and one of those OSs is Windows 98/up, feel free to apply. You could also add the extra OSs as well, as you could be able to help with tests involving compatibility for these currently unsupported OSs An example might be helping to use Linux's WINE to run SwapGate. If it works, you could help document how its done and might get credit in another way

How much time do you spend online
    The more the better, but remember that spending time online and spending time using SwapGate are two different things. A person who uses their daily two hours helping testing is just as valuable as someone who spends only a quarter of 8 hours testing.

As this point, time spent online is only relevant to a point So feel free to apply, even if you're only on for a little bit every so often

Why do you want to become a beta tester (details)
    The easiest mistake to do is at this point, as many beta tester applicants end up posting what they've done before and how they can help us (I've reviewed testing applications before, though I'm glad I'm not this time ). The question isn't about what or how, but why.

A novel on why isn't needed. Neither are emotional stories. Having a blinding reason, unlike "****** of the Year" awards, isn't required. We're just interested in why you want to do it, no matter how normal or small it seems.

My reason was that I wanted to help a friend. Others just wanted to help the project out. Just give a reason, and make it honest - The chance of an application being rejected for its reason are remote if it's done honestly.

Did you help to test other software ?
    It helps, but it isn't necessary to have done other beta tests before. This is mainly so you know what "beta testing" means, especially in the risks you take in using it. :helpsmile:

(My) Example - "Three years, I took part in a public beta-test for an online game known as Starpeace by Monte Cristo games." It isn't much but it's something, which is what is preferred

Do you run a website ? (if yes: what kind of content?)
    This is a question of interest, but having a website isn't necessary to get in. Though if you do, we want to know what your site is for - Chances are that it might help SwapGate in the future (but don't make one for the sake of it )

If you have an URL to your site(s), that'll help

There we go - Hope that helps. And don't hesitate to apply if you want to - You lose nowt with a rejection after all

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Requirements

- Member Rank (3 Stars) - Got That

- We need to know your OS - Windows XP W/O SP1

- How much time do you spend online - 6-7 Hours A Day On Average

- Why do you want to become a beta tester (details) - Because i would like help test for errors and be able to offer any help in improving a new great client

- Did you help to test other software ? - No

- Do you run a website ? (if yes: what kind of content?) Creating One Now (HTML) On Music

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    Originally posted by Illuminati@11 January 2004 - 18:55
    practically have all of the qualities that are being asked in SwapGate Beta Testers
    Ooh even my name suggestion has been chosen. I feel... I feel so proud

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast