Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy Thru Assault

Poster
    Originally posted by hobbes+12 January 2004 - 01:54--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hobbes &#064; 12 January 2004 - 01:54)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-Wizard_Mon1@12 January 2004 - 01:53
    Volker Sommer (my lecturer) whose own work on infanticide in hanuman langurs states that that there is a tendancy to to commit what is aclled naturalistic fallacy, to assume that what we see in nature is somehow, right, just, enevitable.
    Is your keyboard possessed or are you just shitfaced?[/b][/quote]
    Don&#39;t dis da man

Professor of Evolutionary Anthropology

PhD, Anthropology
    University of Göttingen, Germany, 1985

PhD, Habilitation in Anthropology and Primatology
    Georg-August-Universität, Göttingen, Germany, 1990

Tutor for the M.Sc. in Human Evolution and Behaviour

2. Lounge   -   #72
    Its magic baby!
    J&#39;pol how do you know Volker??

lol that was unexpected
    Wiz.

3. Lounge   -   #73
    Lilmiss's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4
    Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS@12 January 2004 - 01:01
    Sorry lilmiss, I did&#39;nt really want you to see this but I had to ask cos it was eating me up

You know Im "strong like bull".
    Im ok with this as it&#39;s something you have to get over, before it drags you under.
    Last edited by Alien5; Today at 12:51

4. Lounge   -   #74
    AussieSheila's Avatar Dazed & Confused
    Jonno, I have a friend whose first child is the child of a sadistic murderer. (This happened when the parents were no longer together.) I can assure you that neither her mother, her stepfather (who loves her as his own) nor anyone who knows the story sees the father in the child. We see the child, a lovely girl, who is showing no signs of becoming as sadistic as her biological father.

5. Lounge   -   #75
    JONNO_CELEBS's Avatar Densly Loadan BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    @lilmiss.........Yeah I do know you are

@Andie.......Ok Thats good that she&#39;s a good kid But it does&#39;nt always work like that and that was&#39;nt really my point, I was just quoteing one point the husband (in the soap) made
    I&#39;m still very confused as to what is right and wrong........IF anything&#33;

Lets look

On the one hand you have the Woman who has been thru a horrific event and feels that this child is hers so she wants to keep it.

On the other hand you have her husband who has been saving and planning to have a family with her as a real family, just him , her and "Their" children and now he&#39;s faced with raising another mans child.

Very sad on both sides but surly you can see the husbands view, I&#39;ve often heard women say that nothing and no man comes between them and their child, this is so unfair as they never seem to care what the male feels, we&#39;re not lumps of wood, we have hearts and souls the same as you girls but some women seem to forget that

Jonno B)
    Thinking about 1
    My Place & Arcade

6. Lounge   -   #76
    AussieSheila's Avatar Dazed & Confused
    Jonno ... I can see what a bitter disappointment that would be, but life is full of them. If she were to be emotionally blackmailed or in some other way forced into an abortion or adoption she didn&#39;t want, the resentment would fester and destroy their relationship anyway.

It would be harder for the father to come to terms with this situation during the pregnancy, but I would hope the father would get councelling to help him deal with it. Once the child was born, if the father deals with his feelings and somehow manages to be there to support the mother, who has never needed it more in her life, then I think the father could grow to love the child. Children are very lovable and it would be difficult, I hope, for anyone to hold unfortunate parentage against the little person who is looking at you so trustingly.

Abortion was suggested to me with 2 of my children, the first because I was 17 and the last because I already had 2 babies and various other reasons. I don&#39;t think it&#39;s possible for me to take a life in that way. I remember exactly how I felt as I sat on the back steps thinking about it ... and I promised my baby that no matter how inconvenient or even risky it was I&#39;d give them every chance at life I could. It is a fiercely maternal thing that maybe you could never understand. Adoption would have left me aching with guilt and longing for the rest of my life, as well as resentment if I&#39;d been forced to it.

Very sad on both sides but surly you can see the husbands view, I&#39;ve often heard women say that nothing and no man comes between them and their child, this is so unfair as they never seem to care what the male feels, we&#39;re not lumps of wood, we have hearts and souls the same as you girls but some women seem to forget that&nbsp;
    Yes, you do have hearts and souls, with some men it can be difficult to detect. j/k (sorta) But you&#39;re comparing hurt feelings to a life.

7. Lounge   -   #77
    True, very true

I can&#39;t really comprehend any of this or truthfully tell you how I would feel in the situation, I do know that I could never walk out on someone I loved, whether or not I could love that child maybe different, I really can&#39;t say, I just know that it must be the hardest thing to do for both parties

I know a very close relative who had an abortion at 14, she is depressed for one day of every year for the last 15 years, but no one will ever know whether it was right or wrong.

Thankyou for your input Andie, you kinda shed some different light on the subject for me

Jonno B)
    Thinking about 1
    My Place & Arcade

8. Lounge   -   #78
    Skweeky's Avatar Manker's web totty
    UKMan says (as he can&#39;t post himself)

I refuse to get into any ethical or emotional problems on this subject because, me being a man, i cannot possibly understand what the woman is also going through - i dont watch East Enders, but i know the programme well. In real life there are many things to consider

What does the woman feel about this? After all she is the one carrying this baby, surely she has first priority in the matter?
    Without knowledge of her opinion or feeling&nbsp; i cant speculate as to what the man should do, or even what my wishes would be.

I do know however one thing, i wouldnt give up the baby, especially if my wife or GF wanted to bring up the baby as well.

@hobbes - i cannot agree with you, allthough you have your opinion and i respect that. If the mother wants the baby, in which case i would also, after all its not the baby&#39;s fault, then why shouldnt i give it just as good a start in life as if it was my own child and not some other mans. If however the mother wants an abortion, then her wishes are paramount and should be considered first.&nbsp;
    Thats all i&#39;m gonna say on the subject as i feel that this thread is gonna get nasty. Good topic Jonno, yet very sensitive and i wonder what kind of replies are awaiting. I would like to read what the female members think before even considering any more

Peace

UKMan

9. Lounge   -   #79
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    This is why I like this morning after pill.
    It does not abort the baby because it stops conception.
    I think it will be available over the counter in the US really soon.

This way if there is a rape or a night a women would not care to remember, there would be some comfort in knowing that a women is not "killing a baby".
    Problem solved (unless the mother WANTS to be pregnant )

I wouldn&#39;t be surprised if the Catholic church is against this pill even though it prevents conception. I think they are against contraception altogether. Weird
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

10. Lounge   -   #80
    But (and I could be wrong here) women cannot use "The Pill" after a certain age, this I say due to a friend of mine having a hystorectomy because the doc told her she is now past the safe age to use the product, she&#39;s 31

And please lets not bring religion into this

Jonno B)
    Thinking about 1
    My Place & Arcade

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast