Thread: I Need All Of Your Recommendations

Hello All

I had norton antivirus 2004 and internet security 2004. When i got em both my pc started to go pretty slow and my internet was EXTREMELY slow. When i uninstalled tehm both everything was fine pc ran perfect. But everytime i install em both it goes teh same slow. I needed to know wat r the best antivirus and internet security programs besides norton. Or is there a way to fix these problems i had with norton.

Thanks for all yur help

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Sygate Pro Firewall and NOD32 as virus but is shareware or free AVG. , both don't slow your pc.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    I use zonealarm pro 4 with norton system works 2003.It works fine together. Maby try the free zonealarm with your setup http://www.zonelabs.com/store/content/comp...reeDownload.jsp

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Originally posted by sharedholder@12 January 2004 - 02:54
    Sygate Pro Firewall and NOD32 as virus but is shareware or free AVG. , both don't slow your pc.
    hey share i dunt need a firewall i need internet security. I dunt want to have my online games interrupted by a firewall message. Would yu recommend a good internet security or does sygat pro firewall do the job.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    Originally posted by oreoman+12 January 2004 - 02:13--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (oreoman @ 12 January 2004 - 02:13)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-sharedholder@12 January 2004 - 02:54
    Sygate Pro Firewall and NOD32 as virus but is shareware&nbsp; or free AVG. , both don&#39;t slow your pc.
    hey share i dunt need a firewall i need internet security. I dunt want to have my online games interrupted by a firewall message. Would yu recommend a good internet security or does sygat pro firewall do the job. [/b][/quote]
    Internet security would normally include a firewall.
    I use NIS2003 - Norton&#39;s firewall and antivirus in one - you can set the firewall to make it&#39;s own decisions without bothering you if you so prefer.
    if your font size is this small i'll add you to my ignore list because you're wasting my time, OK?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Oreoman , you say that you have Norton Internet security 2004 & Antivirus 2004, you don&#39;t need all that shit on your pc, Norton Internet Security include already the Antivirus.Get rid of everithing and install Sygate as firewall & Nod or AVG as antivirus.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    zonealarm and norton systemworks 2k4 works great too. i recommend u get the 5 in 1 pack on suprnova

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    oreoman, i understand ur problem
    i&#39;m using norton systemworks 2003 with zone alarm

i can clearly see my antivirus or rather the whole package is slowing my comp down
    try another antivirus (recommended by other ppl here)...u&#39;ll probably see better results

or better still...get more RAM

gildan2020
    Please be kind to the noobs...we were once them after all

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    Originally posted by sharedholder@12 January 2004 - 08:45
    Oreoman , you say that you have Norton Internet security 2004 & Antivirus 2004, you don&#39;t need all that shit on your pc, Norton Internet Security include already the Antivirus.Get rid of everithing and install Sygate as firewall & Nod or AVG as antivirus.
    norton utilites does come in handy sometimes

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    thanks for all of your help&#33;