Thread: Sharing Files

hi there guys and gurls
    i just wanna know how to share files wit u all ..do i copy it to my shared folder and thats it or am i just trippin please help me help you to get the best of the best file

long live kazaa lite :beerchug:
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>Are you afraid that your PC is inflected with sasser check this link out</span></span>

Sasser Simple Solution

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Poster
    yeah, put everything you want to share in your shared folder
    On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think &quot;Ok, this is the limit&quot;.
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Poster
    Be sure to put the files you want to share in your "My Shared Folder" and remove all incomplete/tampered programs and songs. Also make sure you have sharing enabled in KaZaA if you choose to share via KaZaA.

Regards, NightStalker.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Also, depending on what type of internet connection you have, limit the amount of simultaneous uploads KaZaa allows.

If you are using dial-up over a regualr 56K modem to connect to the internet, you should limit KaZaa to only ONE upload connection at a time. If you have broadband Cable or ADSL, you should limit the number of simultaneous uploads to anywhere from 2-5 at a time depending on what limit your ISP has set on upload bandwidth.

The reason this is important is because of the way data propogates over the FastTrack network(the underlying technology behind KaZaa file transfers). For example, I have a max upload rate of 32KB/sec from my ISP. I have KaZaa configured to allow only 2 simultaneous uploads at a time which works out to those 2 users getting a transfer rate of 16KB/sec from me. If I had KaZaa configured to allow 10 simultaneous uploads at a time, then those 10 users would only be getting 3KB/sec transfer rates from me.

Now here is where this comes into play.... KaZaa will let you connect to only a certain amount of people to DOWNLOAD from. Typically, this number is around 16-20 connections for 1 file if you are on a broadband connection. If everybody had KaZaa configured like mine(2 uploads at a time) you would potentially be able to achieve a downlaod rate of 16KB/sec times 20 users or 320KB/sec. If everybody had KaZaa configured to upload to 10 different users at a time you would get a potential transfer rate of 3KB/sec times 20 users or 60KB/sec. The faster you can get a file transferred to another user, the sooner that users bandwidth can be used to transfer the file to others...in other words, the file will propogate faster across the network.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Poster
    Originally posted by wacomcduff@12 January 2004 - 16:19
    I have a max upload rate of 32KB/sec from my ISP. I have KaZaa configured to allow only 2 simultaneous uploads at a time which works out to those 2 users getting a transfer rate of 16KB/sec from me. If I had KaZaa configured to allow 10 simultaneous uploads at a time, then those 10 users would only be getting 3KB/sec transfer rates from me.
    If your max upload bandwidth is 32 KB/sec, (256 kilobits/sec) you&#39;ll be unlikely to be able to upload over 30 KB/sec due to overheads and the more ways you split that upload the SLOWER the total amount will be. So split 10 ways (10 uploads at once) might not even be 2.7 KB/sec on average.

This is why it&#39;s best to keep uploads semi-few in number -- just high enough that slow 56k modems cannot tie up your connection and wasting your upload bandwidth.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    True enough Switeck. For ease of explanation, I figured I&#39;d keep it simple and try give a general overview of how transfers are handled.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    I don&#39;t move files..I just check the folders under find media to share menu thingie...

ED